A large international company require a Project Director; the role is critical to the success and on-going development of the company. The role will have overall responsibility for the delivery, development and sustainability of the project. Strong leadership skills are required and the role will be accountable for the stakeholder management and, most importantly, programme delivery and project teams.
- Ensure an appropriate project management programme and framework is maintained to deliver the high specification programme required by the client.
- Review and refine the documentation relating to programme scope, project initiation and the business plan.
- Consider overall strategy and options for successful delivery of the programme and justify business decisions to project teams and relevant parties.
- Co-ordinate and direct end user input.
- Manage escalated queries relating to programme design and content.
- Define criteria for control and management of the programme or project
- Receive and review detailed reports on the programme or project from the project team to ensure cohesion and high quality as well as appropriate comprehensiveness.
- Ensure interdependencies between the associated work packages are adequately captured.
- Ensure a firm grip on actions and issues, their ownership and timely attention/resolution.
- Provide strong leadership to the programme team and encourage and nurture their development.
- Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities and that annual objectives are set for the team, and mechanism for monitoring progress and personal development are robust and effective.
- Establish a mechanism to ensure regular dialogue with clients, partners and suppliers to promote problem solving, team working and risk sharing
- Work with the team and partners to develop costing projections and budgets and ensure these are adhered to, providing financial accountability to clients.
- Work with the Marketing function to create leads and determine and deliver the PR and promotional strategy.
- Represent the company in strategic meetings and public events and contribute towards consolidating and raising the profile of the company.
- Provide leadership for the dissemination of the companies’ values, vision, and mission and direct staff in line with the organisational strategy.
- Ensure the adherence to policies, procedures, operational guidelines and standards of the company.
- Responsible for oversight of safeguarding, legal and regulatory compliance across every aspect of the programme.
- Aid in the set up and management of online portals to recruit Cyber Discovery training candidates and track their progress.
Location: London (with occasional travel to South Wales )
- Experience of designing and implementing programmes/projects of substantial size, complexity and value.
- Proven track record as a senior leader.
- Evidence of delivery, both through others and through personal endeavour.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, organised and passionate about delivering a sector leading service.
- Decisive and forward thinking, with strong vision and strategic capability.
- Ability to network and drive and manage change at all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Experience of working in a fast-changing environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Proven track record as a Senior Leader with experience of delivering programmes/projects on time, on budget and with complete autonomous leadership.
- Knowledge of the cyber training and cyber security sector.
- Relevant project management qualification and training track record.
- Experience of delivering Government or Private Sector contracts with HMG as a principal stakeholder.
- Proven Commercial awareness.
- Developed ability to raise the profile of an organisation and of the Programme generally.
Salary: Very competitive
Type: Full time, permanent.
For further details, please contact TSR.