Analysis, design, programming, testing and implementation of new and existing software applications in JDA Warehouse Management System in accordance with user requirements.
- Analyze requests from users for new systems, new programs, program changes, etc. and recommend necessary action
- Design new systems and modifications to existing systems to meet user requirements.
- Write new or modify existing programs according to specified systems designs.
- Test new or modified programs to ensure that they conform to design. Develop test data for use in program testing
- Write documentation of system changes in conformance with department standards
- Write any necessary user documentation (report descriptions, user procedures, operations procedures)
- Train users in operation of new or modified systems.
- Aid in preparation of time and cost estimates for program development.
- Analyze requests and write program specs for Jr. Programmers and contractors.
- Provide programming support on-site or by phone as required for all shifts
- Maintain awareness of technological developments in computer hardware and software systems
- Provide timely and concise summaries of project status to manager
- Project Execution
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to the user community.
- Plan and lead testing , implementation , training, support and documentation activities for local projects
- Assist other developers - internal and external - through provision of functional specifications and technical walk through
- CooperVision’s management team is committed to the development of and implementation of the quality management system and maintaining its effectiveness by communicating to the organization the importance of meeting customer as well as statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Provide Local or Regional input to Global Business System projects.
- Manage the standard CooperVision global release cycle, including analysis, design, test, implementation, support and documentation.
- Facilitate communication, cooperation, and knowledge sharing with the end user community across the regional area and with the other local/regional Business Analysts to ensure a global system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Technically fluent in programming languages, including designing, developing, implementing interfaces, extensions, forms and reports in the JDA/Red Prairie Suite of applications. Prior experience with Enterprise Application Integration tools and SOA based Applications and Architectures a plus.
- Reviews user requirements for new applications or enhancements to existing applications and performs analysis, design, development, testing, installation and training related to the application developed.
- Software development life cycle (Waterfall & Agile like methods) and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Complete understanding of JDA WMS technical architecture and underlying table structures and their usage to design and develop efficient program units.
- Deep understanding of JDA technical server and client infrastructure.
- Sound architectural concepts in areas such as Middleware and Integration Patterns and technology
- Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, Reports, Workflows, Forms, and Java.
- Deep technical understanding and technical capability with Oracle RDBMS
- Have an understanding of the JDA WMS Applications architecture with regard to schemas/ products, standard application program interfaces (API's), data elements, tables, and views.
- Other desirable skills Include:
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to produce exceptional quality output
- Normal office environment.
- Sedentary to light physical effort necessary to perform the job.
- Extensive contact with employees and external business partners and vendors.
- Global Travel may be required
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing interfaces, extensions, forms and reports in the JDA/Red Prairie Suite of applications
- Warehouse Management Systems functional knowledge and experience
- Experience with Baan, Oracle EBS, or other equivalent ERP systems
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"