Programme Test Manager required by global organisation to deliver a fresh agile approach to a breadth of software and vendor management testing functions across a market leading range of applications
The Programme Test Manager will manage and coordinate a testing function and provide direction, advice and guidance for the development and testing of technology systems and applications using an agile approach.
Responsibilities will include to:
- Provide governance, management and control of all types of testing, from the beginning of IT delivery life-cycle through to production including the warranty period.
- Co-ordinate the operational delivery of agreed Testing services to Technology portfolios, programmes and projects and development teams.
- Ensure programmes and projects define clear roles and responsibilities for Testing and have access to best practice guidance, methods, templates and tools.
- Write test strategy, test plan, design test cases and business scenarios based on business and system requirements.
- Conduct system testing over company software modules.
- Document test results and provide test reports.
- Report, document and track software issues.
- Track project related quality assurance metrics and corporate metrics, and seeks to resolve all data anomalies.
- Document and work to resolve highly complex problems; reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Lead quality process training to technical staff and acts as an internal quality consultant to advise or influence business or technical partners.
- Design, document, implement and continuously improve Testing & QA processes, tools and ways of working to support the Technology operating model in an agile environment.
- Review and collaborate with business unit on Functional Specifications / User stories to ensure high quality requirements / acceptance criteria.
- Work with business units and 3rd party partners throughout Software Delivery Life Cycle to deliver IT Quality.
- Drive a 'shift-left' mentality within the teams.
- Promote a high level of cooperation between all members of the work group.
- Provide guidance/training to more junior staff.
- Be responsible for system installation and configuring the test environment.
- Pro-actively demonstrate required behaviours in line with expectations of the role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Information Technology or relevant discipline.
- Self-starter and highly organised approach with the ability to work well with all functional levels in the organisation.
- Experience of managing the mobilisation and operation of Testing services using external vendors.
- Strong communication skills and aptitude to inspire confidence at a senior level with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience managing planning and decision making processes in a complex geographical / functional matrix organisation.
- Significant experience in test design and planning, software testing and solid experience on writing test plan and test cases.
- Ability to analyse, study and understand requirements and testing results ensuring full test coverage for the test effort.
- Expert knowledge of Software Development Life Cycles, QA process, methodologies, and best practices.
- ISTQB Certification.
This is a great opportunity to join a global organisation as they undergo a major transformation across the entire global estate. Great training and career progression available the right individual.
In return there is a very competitive starting salary plus some great benefits and a rather unique work life balance opportunity, please get in touch now for more information and to have an informal conversation
- "vendor management"
- "stakeholder management"
- "software development"
- "software testing"
- "test manager" "programme test manager"
- "test plan"
- "test strategies"
- "test reports"
- "design test cases"