This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
The role of the PMO Manager is to define and maintain standards for project management within the Programme. This includes the implementation and sharing of best practice as well as the development and application of project procedures, tools and techniques in order to standardise methodologies and realise economies. The PMO Manager provides expert guidance, support and insight on the projects, and acts as the source of all programme information and metrics.
* Delivery and Leadership - Lead the PMO to support the programme in the delivery of Business Case benefits and outcomes. Champion the use of best practice project management standards and processes
* Resources - Manage the PMO and support the Project Managers in the identification, recruitment, development, deployment and reassignment of resources throughout the project lifecycle
* Internal Stakeholder Management - Advise the project teams on appropriate tools and techniques for managing internal or programme level stakeholder relationships. Provide assurance to the Programme Director on the effectiveness of stakeholder management arrangements
* Risks and Issues - Establish the programme/project processes and standards for managing risks and issues. Provide assurance to the Programme Director on the effectiveness of Risk and Issue management arrangements
* Governance and Assurance - Ensure appropriate governance is in place and arrange external reviews at appropriate points in the lifecycle. Monitor effectiveness of controls and ensure that recommendations from external reviews are acted upon.
* Change Management - Establish and implement protocols to manage the change of the scope of projects and/or programme and update configuration documents as required.
* Project Performance and Controls - Establish and operate project controls on behalf of the Programme Director, reporting on project progress and status to appropriate bodies. Identify common capabilities and opportunities for linking up, re-using and sharing methods of resources between projects and programme. Ensure learning from experience is disseminated across the organisation.
* Guidance and Support - Identify, develop and share best practice project management processes, tools and templates and benchmarks against industry standard. Provides direction and guidance to the project teams.
The post holder will have line management of a number of direct reports including the programme office functional leads. You will also be expected to deputise for and represent the Programme Director, as required and contribute to corporate responsibilities as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
With a strong project delivery and leadership background at a senior level, you will have extensive experience of planning, dependency management, dynamic and insightful reporting and stakeholder management. You will have developed and implemented standards, tools, processes and systems for successful programme delivery with the ability to adopt the most appropriate methodology to ensure successful delivery including Agile practices. Further, you will have the experience necessary to mentor and advise at a senior level those in the project delivery profession.
*A valid Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) practitioner certificate awarded by Axelos.
*Extensive experience in a multi-million pound transformation programme with a large number of internal and external stakeholders.
For more information about this position please contact Amy Coleman & Ashleigh Hamilton.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job