An exciting opportunity to work in the Interserve DEFRA business unit as a Programme Manager.
Provide a Programme Management service to the Weybridge site covering all aspects of managing and delivering project programmes across the client portfolio. The Programme Manager will effectively lead, drive and manage the programme on a daily basis, ensuring that contractual obligations are met and resources deployed in the most effective and timely manner.
Provide effective operational coordination between the senior management team, Project Management and FM operational teams and work with sectors and other functional heads to develop and grow project pipeline.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in compliance with the contract and governance arrangements.
- Provide contract wide programme oversight, resource programming and financial forecasting.
- Ensure that accurate project information is held on the agreed technology platforms and is updated in a timely manner.
- Management of direct reports, including recruitment, selection and development of staff.
- Oversee the staff training programme in line with the training matrix.
- Develop positive, supportive working relationships with your team and other colleagues ensuring collaboration.
- Develop relationships with key customers to promote confidence in delivery and increase project opportunities.
- Coordinate the accurate monthly financial reporting and input into the CVR process relating to projects.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with statutory legislation, Health and Safety, Quality Assurance, Environmental and Sustainability policies.
- To provide governance using a common set of methods, processes and system tools & techniques for project delivery and ensure their implementation.
- To recognise and communicate potential resource deficiencies and programme risks and issues
- To conduct time specific project progress reviews and reports
- To provide the Key Performance Indicator data which forms part of the monthly report
- To engage with the Client in establishing the levels of project satisfaction
- Assist with the development of life cycle programmes, including the development of whole life costs and packages of works.
- Maintain the Programme Plan to ensure that the agreed Programme timescales are adhered to.
- Identify risks and issues which may affect the successful delivery of the Programme and coordinate mitigation with the project teams.
- Support the site lead in all aspects of communication related to the Programme, including the preparation of papers for client & Interserve approvals.
- Managing the communications with all programme stakeholders
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- Provide a link between asset management and project delivery and potential offshoot opportunities.
- Coordination of packages of work driving economies of scale for both client and the contract.
- Coordinate the provision of advice and support on project/construction activities.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Preferably degree qualified in a Construction Discipline (although not essential).
- Membership of a construction related institute e.g. RICS/CIOB/RIBA/CIBSE/MIET or APM Membership preferable.
- IOSH or CITB qualification.
- Likely to have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior project or programme role.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of project/programme management within the public sector with demonstrable experience in leading and managing complex project programmes.
- Commercially strong and financially focused.
- Fully conversant with all applicable legislation, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge and implementation of Professional Services and Construction contracts.
- Have the ability to plan projects using at least 1 industry standard programming package.
- Competent in the use of MS Office suite of applications.
- Experience in the use of CAFM systems (essential).
- Experience of working within the support services industry (essential).
- Experience in change management.
- Collation of service data, detailed reporting and performance analysis.
- Proven track record in successful people management.
- Must be able to deliver the above at pace, working to multiple deadlines and also deliver works accurately.
- Take a lead role in and development of project opportunities and help deliver growth within strategic accounts.
- You will be expected to work to your own initiative, whilst also working well as an integral team member.
- Develop long-term relationships with all internal and external customers.
- Proven interpersonal, analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience and/or an understanding of Project Management disciplines and procedures.
- Identification of the critical path and internal dependencies/deadlines
- Leadership of project managers who may not be direct reports – will need to command respect and foster a shared sense of purpose
- Exerting influence through all levels of the organisation and negotiating resolutions which are satisfactory to all stakeholders.
- Providing written communications in the form of progress reports and decision papers for board/client review.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'