As Programme Manager you will work closely with public sector organisations and technical specialists to drive forward delivery of a range of ambitious projects and programmes. This includes facilitating schemes from concept stage to Full Business Case and acting as Case Officer on a range of high profile schemes, monitoring performance against targets.
A leading Leeds organisation with control over a multi-million £ budget for transport and infrastructure programmes in the region.
The Programme Manager will!
- Lead delivery across a specific Programme, driving the programme forward to deliver its outputs and outcomes to time, cost and quality, including all aspects of programme management from planning, contracting, problem solving, ensuring progress, identifying and gaining approval for solutions through to successful implementation and completion.
- Work closely in partnership with internal departments and external suppliers and Delivery Partners acting as the day to day representative on programme level issues.
- Design, implement and maintain the systems required for delivering the objectives of your function to support the organisation in achieving its vision.
- To provide line management of Project Managers as required, in line with policies and procedures, including provision of appropriate coaching and mentoring support.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex/high profile programme(s) of activity.
- Encourage a partnership approach to work across the organisation and externally.
- To lead delivery of the programmes ensuring key milestones, outputs and outcomes are met, typically working on horizons of one to five years+, in line with the objectives set out in the corporate and service plans.
- Work with the relevant users and businesses to ensure that the programme delivers the outcomes and impacts that are forecast.
- To develop and maintain programme governance and reporting arrangements, including financial, communication, risk and change management in compliance with the approved Assurance Framework.
- To interface with the PMO, provide information on Programme Deliverables and ensure accurate, valid and timely input of programme/project information into the Portfolio Information Management System (PIMS) and raise any exceptions as required through the PMO.
- To work closely with technical advisers (e.g. legal, financial, strategic procurement) to oversee and direct procurement, contractual and legal negotiations with suppliers and Delivery Partners.Responsible for the delivery of a programme of activity up to a value of £35m.
- Responsible for planning, managing, monitoring and reporting on programme budgets, including for Government and other externally funded projects.
- Represent the organisation and the programme at regular external stakeholder meetings as and when required.
The ideal candidate for the Programme Manager role will:
- Holds a Degree in a relevant field or relevant demonstrable practical experience.
- Relevant Professional Qualification (PRINCE2 Practitioner, MSP Practitioner or equivalent)
- Membership of a relevant professional body e.g. RTPI, RICS, ICE, IHT, APM, CIOB delete as appropriate
- Practical experience of successfully performing in a similar role.Experience of driving projects and / or programmes to successful conclusions to enable benefits realisation within a Prince2 or MSP environment.
- Experience of operating within and adhering to a corporate assurance framework.
- Experience of leading procurement procedures, including OJEU, preparing tender documentation, tender appraisal, and commercial and technical management of consultants and contractors, working with legal advisors to negotiate contracts with suppliers and Delivery Partners.
- Knowledge of different forms of contract under which technical and/or infrastructure works can be delivered.
- Experience of prioritising, planning and organising workloads to manage expectations and deadlines.
- Experience of managing people including appraisals, performance management, disciplinary, recruitment and selection.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and championing change successfully
- Strong communication skills with the proven ability to influence, negotiate and challenge.
- Experience of making compelling business cases/reports to a range of audiences.
- Demonstrable experience of utilising the available and best practice approaches/methodologies for programme and project delivery.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing budgets in line with programme requirements and dependencies.
- Transport and Rail, Infrastructure or similar sector background, or experience of managing projects in this area.
c£38,000 plus excellent benefits package