ElectraLink delivers network services, governance services, and energy market insights to the UK energy industry. The organisation is at the centre of a complex market with a range of stakeholders including Ofgem, BEIS, energy suppliers, energy distribution companies and energy service organisations.
The Data Communications Company (DCC) will shortly be procuring a new Central Switching Service (CSS) to facilitate faster and more reliable switching of gas and electricity consumers.
Following discussions with Ofgem and the UK energy market, ElectraLink is planning to extend the use of the Data Transfer Service to become the CSS Network. This will facilitate communication between the CSS and market participants.
In parallel ElectraLink will be undertaking a project to create a partnership for the delivery of the infrastructure and services to support the delivery of data transfer through the creation of an Energy Market Data Hub EMDH.
The successful applicant will take control of the day to day interaction with the wider CSS programme, which itself will be managed by the DCC, being responsible for the successful delivery of ElectraLink’s programme content, managing all risks and issues and ensuring engagement with all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will need to ensure that the CSS project and the EMDH project are delivered in parallel The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a hands-on approach to defining and driving forward projects of this size and complexity.
The Central Switching Service Network Programme Manager will be expected to manage a number of resources in support of this procurement, including third parties, supporting staff from elsewhere in ElectraLink and senior managers / stakeholders
Responsibility for the successful integration of the DTS into the CSS as the CSS Network.
· Establish Project Structure
· Define high level and detailed project plans and maintain them throughout the programme
· Manage the relationship with key members of the DCC project team
· Proactively manage the specification of functional and non-functional requirements aligned to the DCC’s requirements for the CSS Network
· Ensure that the relevant regulatory changes are delivered through the project.
· Deliver and execute against the project plan
· Deliver the required solution of part of the wider EMDH procurement
· Manage ElectraLink’s involvement in the integration testing with the DCC
· Manage the integration/bridging with Xoserve’s network
· Manage ElectraLink’s involvement in the integration testing with Xoserve’s network
· Own and deliver the stakeholder engagement and management plan.
· Matrix management of supporting resources
· Project reporting to senior management level and PMO
· Proactive management of RAID items
· Proactive management of project Budget
· Development, management and reporting of internal, costed resource plan
Principal Skills & Experience
· Demonstrable track record of delivering successful programmes of complex IT service implementation with multiple stakeholders
· Exceptional man-management skills in a matrix management environment who leads by example
· Exceptional communication skills to all types of stakeholder
· Can-do attitude to resolving issues and managing risks
· Well organised, structured approach to programmes of work
· Ability to quickly assimilate and understand technical and commercial details
· The ability to develop rapidly an expert knowledge of the service
· Strong influencing skills
Highly desirable skills:
· Energy market knowledge
· Previous experience delivering solutions to the DCC
· Operational delivery experience
· Understanding of commercial contracts
· Knowledge of the UK energy market data communications and switching processes
· Knowledge of the regulatory frameworks operating the UK energy industry.
· Senior, well respected 'big hitter’
· Self-motivated, willing to roll-sleeves up.
· Good inter-personal skills.
· Able to act and behave with confidence and gravitas with senior clients and stakeholders.
· Comfortable in presenting at client meetings up to Board level.
· Good written and oral communication skills.
· Delivery of agreed Functional and Non-Functional requirements to feed into the EMDH procurement programme
· Development and maintenance of suitable project documentation
· Delivery against an agreed project plan
· Successful resolution of all issues and management of risks
· Regular and timely management reports
· Successful integration between the EMDH and Xoserve’s network
· Successful integration with the DCC’s CSS platform
· Successful completion of all required testing, including functional, non-functional, integration, industry and user acceptance testing.
Central Switching Service Network Programme Manager
Temporary contract role for a minimum of 12 months which may extend to up to 24 month or which may become a permanent position.
- Network Services
- Project Management
- Programme Delivery