Salary Band: Band 8A - £40,428
Contract type: Fix term for 6 months (Will look to them extend for a further 6 months)
Location: Cardiff (May need to travel around Wales for Meetings)
The post holder will assist the Network Director in analysing/organising the Wales Cancer Network work plan into a strategic programme and in doing so identify the required structures and mechanisms to provide assurance to the Director and Network Board that a sustainable and effective approach to delivery exists within the Wales Cancer Network.
As part of the above the post holder will appreciate that some elements of the Wales Cancer Network plan are already subject to a programme approach and these will need to be integrated into other areas of work that evolve into projects or programmes as a subset of the strategic programme.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties will be discharged working closely with key programme stakeholders.
• To programme manage the implementation of their respective programme(s).
• Undertake a lead role in co-ordinating the development of relevant projects within the Wales Cancer Network but including stakeholders across Wales.
• Identify and understand the needs of stakeholders and provide sound judgement and diplomatic skills
• Manage the production of the various work-packages which constitute the programme and subsequently develop forward work to deliver programme objectives.
• Co-ordinate the activities of relevant programme Boards and other forums.
• Prepare Programme, Project, Stage and as required Exception Plans, in consultation with the Programme Board.
Be responsible for the overall progress of the Programme and use of resources, initiating corrective action where appropriate
Key working relationships
• Cancer Network Directors
• Project Managers
• NHS Collaborative
• Other NHS Organisations
• Private sector / third sector
• Welsh Government
If you would like to hear more about this role please call Kelly Batchelor on 02920 399633
Please apply online if you would like to be considered for the Programme Manager
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job