CEB is now Gartner. Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world's leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions.
Gartner's comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A., and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries.
We have an exciting opportunity available within the Central Professional Services department for a Programme Manager working to transition clients onto our new platform TalentCentral®. The Programme Manager provides senior-level oversight for the client transition programme. The Programme Manager directly manages Project Managers who are assigned to multiple, complex projects within the programme and, along with the Project Managers, is accountable for the quality of the results, timely delivery and the management of scope, schedule, and budget of specific projects. Further, the Programme Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships with project sponsors, stakeholders and wider team members in order to effectively manage the overall success of the programme.
Manage the overall programme containing multiple, complex client projects of medium to large scale through all phases of the projects, to transition clients onto TalentCentral®, meeting company defined goals and objectives by:
• Leading and directing cross functional project teams to remain on schedule and on budget, with effective direct line responsibility for a team of project managers.
• Proactively seeking out ways to improve on the efficiency of the delivery of the programme by minimising the funds and time needed to achieve the defined programme business objectives, without reducing the quality of the programme deliverables.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working business relationships with project sponsors, stakeholders and team members. Functioning as a liaison between stakeholders and team members, working through challenges and issues as they arise.
• Promoting a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation; facilitating discussion and conflict resolution.
• Managing the authorisation of projects within the programme.
• Publishing metrics/reports as required and presenting programme updates to senior stakeholders.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Three or more years’ experience managing strategic programmes, preferably with client facing responsibility.
• Extensive project management experience - minimum of eight years
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Goal-oriented, self-directed, confident, solution-oriented individual who needs little supervision.
• Strong team player with the ability to manage others via collaboration and other relationship-building skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced-environment with tight deadlines, levels of ambiguity and multiple project deliverables.
• Quick study with the ability to learn and operate effectively in new environments, especially those of a technical nature.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft packages including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project.
• Experience managing multiple direct reports and project assignments, including individuals who are geographically dispersed.
• Must be comfortable working with business professionals, IT staff, and customers at all levels within and outside the organisation.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• BA/MA in Business or equivalent degree
• Certificate or education in project or programme management or process improvement
• Human Capital Management or Talent Management industry experience.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job