Our client is a multi-award winning 1st Tier automotive supplier based in the County Durham. They possess a long history of success, stability, and progression due to the ability to adapt to change and utilise innovative technology to stay ahead of the competition. The position also provides an excellent senior management benefits package.
- Ensure all project / program deliverables are met with respect to Quality Delivery and Cost utilising the company `New Product Creation System`.
- Lead the Project Team during customer PMST meetings / escalation meetings where deemed necessary.
- Escalate risks / issues to senior management in a timely manner and providing viable solutions.
- Organise and chair the project accountable meetings managing milestone attainment and gateway timing.
- Identify potential opportunities to improve key financial measures.
- Maintain a master timing plan for each project and program, ensuring the plant and support plans are also maintained and in line with latest level.
- Control and maintain program budgets and part price tracking with the ultimate goal of improving overall project profitability during life cycle.
- Work in conjunction with the commercial and purchasing teams during the acquisition and program phase with accurate cost and timing information.
- Report project / program status to senior management in accordance with scheduled program reviews and reporting formats.
- Strong people management skills to lead manage and motivate a team including Global location teams.
- Self-motivated and the drive to succeed
- An ability to translate customer requirements and specification into a concise work plan by all internal functional areas.
- Demonstrate a disciplined approach to program management, with a working knowledge of customer systems.
- Available to travel to and work at Customer, Division and Supplier sites as required for varying time periods.
- PRINCE2 Project Management training preferred.
- Proven experience of delivering a major Engineering / Capital programs, on time and to budget.
- Experienced in providing fully integrated service to the customer within in a Vehicle Development environment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job