Business unit Description:
The Real Estate Advisory team has a market leading reputation as specialist consultants in the disciplines of Planning and Development, Buisness Rates, Valuation, Health Infrastructure and Corporate & Business Space Advisory. They are part of Capita Property and Infrastructure Ltd which in turn is part of Capita plc - the UK's leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions. The team has a record of delivering innovative solutions to some of the UK's most successful companies. It has grown significantly and is now engaging in large consultancy assignments in the UK for which programme management is required.
This role sits within the consultancy businesses operations team and reports to the Operations Director. Requirements of the role are: to develop and deliver a specific programme of work in line with business requirements and client expectations. The programme should be undertaken in a safe and environmentally responsible manner to cost, time and quality in line with Corporate Governance; Company Standards and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Able to lead a team and motivate team members.
- Excellent inter personal skills
- Able to take direction and respond quickly and resourcefully at all times
- Calm under pressure with an eye for commercial detail
- Relevant experience in the successful management of major programmes of work in the real estate, property or professional consultancy sectors.
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of the operation of mid-large size private sector real estate & property consultancy.
- Knowledge of the principles of planning and property consultancy and contract management best practice.
- Financial and contract management competence
- Project management experience
- Experience of working with teams to introduce and deliver improved Key Performance Indicators and project health checks.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Develop and deliver a specific programme of work, on time, to budget and to other agreed success criteria within corporate guidelines including the Investment Competence Framework.
- Work with the client to establish an effective relationship supporting effective delivery, performance measurement and management of change. This should encompass where appropriate communications with outside bodies.
- Develop and manage the Client account Management methodology and processes (including external suppliers), monitoring adequate resources available to deliver a flexible, competent, skilled and effective workforce at all times.
- Undertake project mobilisations working with cross-Capita functions and within stated risk management objectives at all times
- Achieve the outturn and margins as agreed for large commissions.
- Develop an appropriate strategy for the development and delivery of the Programme work scope.
- Identify priority opportunities within the programme and lead promotion and sharing of best practice between programmes.
- Monitor planning so that it considers cross-programme requirements and supports the effective delivery of contracted obligations.
- Undertake lessons learned exercises to support continuous improvement
- Identify and implement quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Manage and comply with company procedures to provide appropriate resources, communication strategies, training, and competency and evaluate fitness of staff to safely deliver their accountabilities.
The successful candidate will be someone who possesses the following characteristics:
- Team player
- Client focused
- Takes pride in the quality of service
- Likes to make a difference
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.