Baltimore Consulting are currently working with a Public Sector organisation based in the East of London who are seeking a Programme Manager on a Permanent basis. As Programme Manager you will work collaboratively with colleagues and partner agencies to ensure the delivery of these building projects whilst meeting the organisations Growth Strategy.
You will be an experienced Programme Manager ideally within experience within the development and delivery of mixed used schemes such as buildings (residential) /traffic/highway/public open spaces/infrastructure/leisure/public realm. Outcome focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills being able to work under pressure using your own initiative is a given.
Duties and Responsibilities consist of:
- Manage projects within the programme, working across departments and with land owners, end users, contractors and consultants.
- Provide technical and project management support across the programme worth £50million+. This will include drawing up project briefs in consultation with stakeholders, brief capture from end users, planning the delivery of capital projects, procuring and commissioning work, maintaining project management systems, managing project budgets, mediating to resolve blockages within agreed project tolerances.
- Co-ordinate the production of planning and building regulations applications, project briefs, scoping reports, tendering documents, contracts, funding bids, review technical documents including drawings, strategies, policies, design guidance briefs and budgets and provide concise summaries, options reports and recommendations.
- Co-ordinate the production of planning, building regulations applications, consents and project briefs, reports, tender documentation, funding bids, review technical documents including drawings, strategies, policies, design guidance briefs and budgets and provide concise summaries, options reports or recommendations so that all statutory requirements are adhered to.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships and productive partnerships with all the relevant partners and colleagues from other departments to deliver their part of the project and work together in a collaborative manner.
- To ensure that working practices and processes are developed that maximise the use of new technology to ensure efficient and effective delivery of services to residents.
- Keeps an up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation including health and safety legislation, procurement, equalities, planning and building control as it is relevant to projects.
The Ideal professional will hold:
- Professional qualification or substantial practical and demonstrable experience in one of the following disciplines; project management, architecture, engineering, surveying, master planning, housing, planning or environmental science
- Experience of planning, procuring, programming, implementing and monitoring complex capital projects and programmes in a relevant environment (buildings/traffic/highway/public open spaces/infrastructure/leisure/public realm) gained over a number of years in a position of responsibility.
- IT skills including MS Word, Outlook, MS Project, Excel, CAD
- Knowledge and understanding of supporting legislation and current best practice in relation to development and how this aids or constrains delivery.
- Experience working in the Public Sector and/or a large complex organisation
This organisation offer an excellent working environment, with flexible working opportunities in addition to a competitive benefits package inclusive of a lease car and cash options.
This is an exciting and urgent role, if this is a vacancy you are interested in, please apply now or contact Vanessa Otoo at Baltimore Consulting on for more information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job