Programme Manager IT
The purpose of this role is to have overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of a portfolio of projects (programme) as managed by a team of project managers
- Responsible for full life-cycle project management of IT programmes. Proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action
- Ensures programme documentation is updated and maintained. Defines programme governance to be followed by the portfolio
- Assists projects in staffing requirements & responsibilities within the programme. Effectively manages key stakeholders across business and works closely with all IT areas to ensure planned activities are coordinated
- Maintains programme budget and effectively tracks and reports on programme spend
- Monitors and summarises progress and prepares reports for upper management regarding status of programme.
- Ensures management of all programme risks as well as compliance with all required Security, Sarbanes-Oxley (SoX) and PCI documentation.
- Organise and monitor dependencies on inter-connected programme dependencies.
- Lead and evaluate members of the programme team.
- Manage the recruitment and exit of staff as necessary within the programme team.
- Preparation of annual budget for the programme portfolio.
- Contribution into strategic plans and reviews as necessary.
- Working with the Business Change Manager on creating a successful transition into BAU.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities – projects, deliverables, and stakeholders
- Able to influence peers and management; strong stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and verbal / written communication skills
- Self-starter; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against goals and initiatives objectives
- Good personal organisation, productivity and time management skills
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and flexible attitude to work
- Working knowledge and experience of delivering projects using Prince 2 project management
- Financial acumen. Ability to forecast and track project spend
- Knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Project
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word and Powerpoint to produce reporting and project updates
- Ability to effectively manage project risks. Able to identify, quantify and effectively mitigate project risks and
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job