Purpose of the Role:
As a subject matter expert to lead and manage the procurement and establishment of new major contract(s) worth Â£350M over seven years. From strategic inception, project planning, negotiation to delivery of the future Highways Services in Northamptonshire.
- To lead and manage the procurement of new contract(s) delivering Highway Services in Northamptonshire as agreed by Cabinet November 2019. To regularly update the Senior Responsible Officer, Corporate Leadership Team and Cabinet Member for Highways and Place.
- To procure, lead, manage and develop any commissions with consultants required to deliver the Highways Services procurement and award of contract. To ensure that any commissions achieve value for money. To lead and manage the project team of multi-disciplinary professionals active within the programme.
- Establish and maintain a network of, and individual stakeholder relationships with, corporate directors, AD's, heads of service, external agencies and key functions in order to identify and manage resource requirements to enable the programme to meet its objectives.
- To lead and manage the mobilisation of the Highways Services contract(s) to deliver services effective from 1 August 2021.
- To establish good and close working relationships with other senior managers within services responsible for commissioning or providing services from the Councils assets to ensure comprehensive approach to the provision of services against agreed strategies
- To provide assurance to the Programme Board, Senior Managers and Members with regards to achievement of satisfactory outcomes of the programme. To ensure that suitable records and reports are produced to demonstrate progress and that the project team are performing as required either by their commissions or job descriptions.
- To demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Prince2 project management
- Place related subject matter eg Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering, Surveying etc
- Significant experience at a senior level of establishing and leading a major Highways Services procurement project.
- Experience at a senior level of managing and controlling large budgets.
- Substantial experience of, and demonstrable achievement in, senior change leadership in a service environment, overcoming resistance to change at all levels.
- Proven track record of engaging, challenging, leading and influencing multidisciplinary teams of managers and other staff in sustainable service improvement.
- Track record of delivering complex change projects evidenced by the delivery of real service improvement, cost reductions and productivity improvements.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'