Programme Management Officer / PMO - 6 Month FTC
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 plus 5% flexible benefits package
Contract: Initial 6 month FTC
Location: Tingley, Wakefield
NHS SBS requires a Programme Management Officer / PMO to establish and run the Project Management Office for a new NHS SBS Programme, ensuring that "best practice" project delivery is used for each of the work streams, focusing on scope, time, cost and quality.
The [Programme Management Officer will also additionally provide expert knowledge and support to the programme and monitor progress and provide reporting on the programme.
- Establish the PMO function for a major change programme for NHS SBS
- Set up best practice across all of the technology, business solutions, marketing and commercial work streams on the programme
- Define the detailed scope and deliverables for the PMO with both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the programme RAID logs and ensure
- Deliver services in accordance with agreed scope, acceptance criteria, time, financial and quality measures
- Assemble and update project plans, escalating deviations from published plans
- Compile project/programme reports, ensuring monitoring of progress against all projects are timely and accurate and enable sponsors and stakeholders to have sufficient information to make informed decisions.
- Devise, produce and implement new systems and processes to optimise more effective project management as required within the framework of the E4H programme approach .
- Provide management services to support project/service delivery. This may include, but is not limited to: compilation of budget and forecast figures; capability planning; milestone/delivery planning.
- Ensure effective client engagement and stakeholder management for project/service delivery.
- Experience of working and supporting a large business change programme
- Experience of implementing project governance and PMO activities, including reporting, risk and issue management and planning.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and experience of using Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Strong planning and organisations skills
- Very strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Skills in team leadership and risk management
- Able to plan, organise and manage both self and others
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others and move toward a common vision or goal.
- Project Management experience and related qualification (e.g. Prince2, Agile)
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
- Project Support