About Kaplan International Pathways
Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International Pathways offers university preparation in partnership with leading universities in Nottingham, Liverpool, Glasgow, Brighton, Bristol, Bournemouth, London and York, which provide an academic pathway for international students to enter a wide range of degree programmes at partner institutions. Kaplan International Pathways are excited to launch their newest pathway college working in partnership with the University of Essex.
Our success is based on a profound understanding of the needs of our partner institutions and students, proven expertise in delivering international students with an inspirational learning experience and excellent results in student retention and progression year after year.
University of Essex International College
Located on the University’s campus in Colchester, the University of Essex International College will welcome its first students in September 2018. Providing new routes for international students to the University of Essex, the International College will deliver undergraduate Foundation programmes, International Year One programmes and Pre-Master’s programmes to support students in progressing to one of the UK’s leading institutions.
About the role
You will have significant teaching and coordination experience gained within the education sector and will be responsible for the academic management and development of programmes offered by the College. These will include: Foundation Certificate for Humanities; Foundation Certificate for Science and Health; Foundation Certificate for Social Sciences; International Year One in Business; International Year One in Economics; Pre-Master’s for Humanities; Pre- Master’s for Science and Health; and Pre-Master’s for Social Sciences. The post will be of particular interest if you are seeking career development, have strong experience of working with international students and have the flexibility of approach to enjoy being involved with dynamic projects at an early stage.
Main responsibilities and functions
- Planning, management and quality assurance of programmes offered by the College, including liaison with the partner university and the Centre for Learning, Innovation and Quality (CLIQ)
- Maintaining academic oversight of the delivery, assessment and monitoring of subject, skills and language modules on programmes offered by the College
- Liaison with academic staff on relevant aspects of programme/module design, delivery, assessment and monitoring on modules delivered across all programme pathways
- Liaison with Tutors on matters related to student academic and pastoral support initiatives and progression support processes
- Supporting students in achieving excellent academic outcomes
- Production of Programme Handbooks, module handbooks, subject overviews, VLE and other materials to support the delivery of programmes offered by the College
- Collating staff, student and partner feedback and preparing reports
- Attending Joint Academic Management Boards and liaising with External Examiners
- Production of annual programme reports, termly and annual module reports and production and analysis of statistical information including QAA action planning for quality assurance processes
- Leading operational and strategic meetings involving academic staff teams to address team- and college-related issues and preparing action plans and implementing outcomes for programmes offered by the College
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the College virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to virtual learning options.
- Providing academic leadership to and management of a team of full-time and sessional staff involved in the delivery of subject modules on programmes offered by the College to ensure integration and coordination of academic practice
- Assisting with the recruitment, retention and performance review of academic staff members on programmes
- Contributing to the teaching delivery and assessment of modules as part of the programmes offered by the College (normal teaching load of 10 hours per week)
- Any other duties as required from time to time by the College Director.
You will enjoy working with international students, be customer orientated and performance driven. In addition the successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant subject area and preferably a Master’s degree or higher
- Understanding of UK further and higher education and experience of academic management and quality assurance
- Significant teaching experience in areas relevant to programmes offered by the College within a UK higher education context and experience of working with international students
- Experience of managing and providing academic leadership to a team of staff
- Ability to develop and update teaching material and experience of working within a Virtual Learning Environment
- Competence in teaching and administrative IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, etc)
- A student-centered and client-focused approach
- Strong record-keeping and data management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work under pressure to deadlines
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 3rd April with interviews expected to be held week commencing 16th April.
Please apply with CV and covering letter via our online form.
- Further Education
- Higher Education
- International Students
- Learning Environment
- Student Administration