Location: West Sussex
Pay rate: £28,000-£36,524
Hours: Full Time
Interviews: 28th November 2018
Our REED Education FE branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the West Sussex area.
The college are looking for an outstanding Programme Lead Mechanical Engineering Lecturer to join them on a permanent basis.
The College was created from the merger of City College Brighton and Northbrook College Sussex. It is the college for our City and our region and draws on 150 years of heritage, history and experience.
The college offers a comprehensive range of qualifications for 16 year olds leaving school, full and part time courses for adults, apprenticeships, professional qualifications and university degrees.
- You will be teaching Mechanical Engineering programmes, from level 3 to level 4/5 HNC so will require academic knowledge of engineering concepts along with an understanding of practical machining skills in a Further Education setting
- You will also be responsible for coordinating all aspects of the student journey, including student recruitment, tutorial and pastoral support, course induction, curriculum planning, teaching, learning and assessment, feedback to students, monitoring of student progress, management of student records, student achievement, and all associated course and quality related administration.
- You will be working with students aged 16+
- To develop and use a range of teaching and learning techniques by promoting and encouraging individual learning and by facilitating learning in groups and learning through experience.
- You will be responsible for the coordination of a designated cluster of courses as required by the Curriculum Manager through a range of activities including Quality Assurance and Recruitment.
What you will need
- A recognised teaching qualification (PTLLS, DTLLS,CertEd or PGCE)
- You will require an academic qualification at Level 5 / Level 6, or professional qualification equivalent in a relevant subject area, a relevant vocational qualification at level 3/4 and a recognised teaching qualification
- You also require experience working within an engineering environment, knowledge and understanding of curriculum organisation within Further/Higher Education and experience teaching engineering at the required levels.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'