Programme Development Specialist
Highways England are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England's motorways and major A roads. Over recent years, investment in our highways has increased, this has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However, even more is yet to be done. Considering that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It's an exciting time to begin a career with Highways England as we invest £11 billion in our motorways and A Roads boosting capacity, tackling congestion and improving safety which is why we're so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. At the same time, we'll improve how we work. That means we will be able to; plan roadworks better to minimise disruption; clear incidents more quickly; and save more than £1 billion by working more efficiently. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: www.highwaysengland.co.uk <http://>
We currently have an opportunity for Programme Development Specialist to support the delivery of a and systemic programme development and value management process for the Region, ensuring investment proposals and emerging solution designs meet intended outcomes and provide the best lifecycle value.
Day to Day:
* Identification and development of structures/roads asset schemes from the original data analysis to an agreed treatment proposal to pass to delivery teams
* Presentation of proposals to technical specialists to agree a sustainable solution with due regard to funding and delivery constraints
* Consult and liaise with Specialist resource, both internal and external, to develop robust comprehensive technical proposals and identify opportunities for sharing and combining works.
* Liaison with the Design Contractor and Works Framework contractors to develop proposals which are proportionate, affordable, buildable and minimise risks to cost, programme and safety during design and construction phases.
* Provide technical advice to the supply chain and across Highways England in relevant field
* Identify, schedule and manage technical survey requirements and liaise with other teams to ensure delivery of surveys within required timescales.
*Knowledge of DMRB standards and their application on the highways network
*Understanding of the Value Management process or cost benefit analysis of scheme
*Experience in structures/roads infrastructure design (pavements, VRS, signs etc)
*Experience in working within budgets including the creation of a budget for scheme development
*Experience in highway construction and delivery methods
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
For further information please review the job profile.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/ <https://recruitment.highways.gov.uk/>
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"