Age International is the international subsidiary charity of Age UK. We support older people in developing countries to secure sufficient income, to improve their health status, and to be able to access age-friendly emergency relief. We also challenge ageist attitudes globally, and influence decision-makers to change their policies.
We are looking for someone to support Age International's Programme Development and Funding team across three key areas: a) fundraising from institutional donors; b) supporting regional and country teams across the programme funding cycle; and c) providing support to team administration and coordination.
Whilst we would like candidates with some experience in the sector, we are more keen on speaking to candidates with a passion and enthusiasm for building a career in international development. The successful post-holder will have strong administrative skills and experience, with the ability to create reports and proposals.
* Monitor and track funding opportunities, and provide detailed summaries to colleagues and members of the HelpAge Global Network.
* Support in donor research, and in the development of donor engagement strategies.
* Support and coordinate funding appeals to trusts and foundations.
* Monitor and manage administration of grants and funding databases.
* * Provide support to teams in Africa, Asia and the EurAsia Middle East region across the programme funding cycle.
* Support in the development and review of funding proposals and programme reports.
* Develop and produce standard monthly and quarterly management information and reports, and support the oversight of risk management.
* Experience of developing written reports and/or proposals to a range of audiences.
* Experience of volunteering and/or working in international development desitable
* Experience of travelling/working in any of the regions of Age international work - in Africa, Asia or the Eurasia Middle East.
* Experience in fundraising, programming, or communications.
Skills & Knowledge
* Financially numerate, and able to manage basic financial processes.
* Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to work proactively and supportively within a team.
* Able to manage multiple and complex tasks, and to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment.
This role could require travel to offices overseas and sometimes at short notice.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job