Job Title - Programme Controls Manager
Location - Reading RSAR
Rates - up to £439.37 (Ltd) £389.00 (PAYE) In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on the Greater West programme in the Thames Valley Area. As Programme Controls Manager, you will manage the efficient delivery of the Project Control lifecycle in projects within programme. In addition, you will manage and support successful project delivery through effective integration of Planning, Resource management, Cost Management and Risk & Value Management activities, driving improved predictability and delivery efficiencies through effective project performance measurement, evaluation and intervention activities.
What you will do:
- Provide Management support to the Project Management team in relation to the effective execution of the Project Control Lifecycle within their projects and programmes.
- Manage the integration of the control services within the projects is realistic confirming that the agreed level of service support is available for each project in development and/or delivery.
- Identify the non-labour resourcing requirements to support the projects and confirm that the supply and demand agreements are established in a timely manner to confirm continuity of resource availability.
- Challenge all aspect of project/programme performance to determine causes of variance from plan.
- Lead the formulation of corrective action plans and lead discussions with the project delivery teams, and confirm their suitability and monitor effective implementation.
- Engage with the programme's executive team to provide functional governance and efficient value-adding services.
- Lead on the management of the change control process within the geographic area to provide effective management of the project baseline.
- Monitor so that data input by project teams and others to cost and performance systems meet required data standards.
- Support the provision of information to provide visibility of in-year and future projects within the geographic area.
- Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
Your experience will include:
- HND or NVQ equivalent in construction or equivalent engineering discipline.
- Successful relevant experience of investment or project control systems and processes.
- Knowledge of HSQE in a projects environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of rail industry processes.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
- Excel and P6.
What you'll get in return
Capita and our client understand what it is like to work as a contractor and we will do everything we can to make it a simple process for you - this includes dedicated on-boarding, extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client
Our client is the largest rail infrastructure business in the country and is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. They are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years they will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Our client welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><strong>Job Title – Programme Controls Manager</st