- Specialist Apprenticeship Organisation with specific involvement in leadership and education
- Exciting opportunity to support a caseload of learners to achieve their Levels 3 and 5 Leadership and Management apprenticeship
- Candidates with a minimum of 3 years’ working in Further Education/Work Based Learning assessing competence-based qualifications and a demonstrable background in Management are encouraged to apply
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
- Supporting Apprentices and other government funded learners to achieve their programmes of study in a timely manner, ensuring the quality of delivery and assessment is delivered in an efficient and is cost-effective
- Compliance with procedures and quality control measures, provision of structured advice and guidance to learners, workplace training and assessment against national standards
- Delivery of Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT, as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the recruitment, training and assessment of learners on Apprenticeship, QCF Award, Certificate or Diploma courses and Key Skills/Functional Skill qualifications
- Work within defined policy and procedures as a trainer/assessor with small groups or individual learners across a range of occupational areas and in varied employment settings
- Manage a caseload of learners ensuring timely achievement
- To undertake initial, diagnostic, formative and summative assessment of learners using a range of tools and techniques as determined by the service
- Create Learning and Assessment plans and assess learners work within an e-portfolio.
- Carry out regular progress review meetings with learners and employers, completing corresponding documentation as required and identifying any additional training and support needs that may arise.
- Maintain own and centre-based records, including evidence packs for each candidate, providing monthly progress reports to the Curriculum Manager
- Comply with quality standards including matrix, Ofsted Common Inspection Framework and Education and Skills Funding Agency funding and compliance rules.
- Attend and participate in monthly team meetings, standardisation meetings, apprentice forum meetings, and Awarding Organisation external quality assurance visits.
- Promote Learning and Skills courses and services, giving relevant information, advice and guidance (IAG) to customers, and report back on any leads or actions take
Professional qualification to at least level 3: NVQ or QCF Diploma Level 3 or above in relevant occupational area
Occupational competence, experience of having worked within the related sector for at least 3 years.
Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards: PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS Education and Training Award Level 3 or 4, Cert.Ed.)
Assessor/Verifier Award or willingness to work towards:
D32/33, A1, TAQA Assessor
D34, V1, TAQA IQA
Maths and English L2 or willingness to work towards.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience within Further Education/Work Based Learning assessing competence-based qualifications.
Proven experience of training and assessing Level 3 or higher in the subject area
Experience of apprenticeship delivery pathways and building relationships with employers
Experience of meeting learners’ needs and impacting positively on the learner experience
Experience of e-portfolio assessment
Experience of delivering and assessing Basic/Functional Skills in a work-based learning context.
- Further Education