Programme Assistant - Events
We are looking for an outstanding graduate with an excellent academic background. The successful graduate should be a knowledgeable and commercially astute individual. You will be tasked with supporting the conference Team with content and conference programme production for a high-profile, commercially successful, content-led conference.
You will be working in a positive, inviting environment within a fast-paced and growing business. This position represents a fantastic entry level opportunity for those interested in developing their career within the public policy events industry, with a particular focus on healthcare.
The role will have responsibility for supporting the Senior Programme Manager and wider teams in content production for a leading expo series. The role will also involve research and validation of new commercially driven content areas with a focus on developing and delivering innovative content that will attract visitors and align to commercial objectives of exhibitors and sponsors.
This is a people-focused position where you will be measured on the quality of your content, ability see the commercial opportunity and tenacity to secure industry-leading speakers.
- Assisting with planning, organising and managing of content programmes for a high profile, content-led healthcare exhibition
- Conduct in-depth industry research via telephone and online to understand market wants and needs
- Based on research, generate market-led, benefit-driven conference and seminar programme ideas and sessions
Speaker management and onsite delivery
- Secure and manage the participation of high-level, industry leading speakers through research, influencing and negotiating skills
- Maintain consistent and regular speaker correspondence from confirmation through to the event to ensure their optimum engagement with the event
- Representing the company on the day of the event, support the Senior Programme Manager with speaker liaison, ensuring speakers are looked after and the event runs smoothly
- Develop and build close and effective relationships with internal marketing, sales and operations teams
- Develop and build close and effective relationships with external advisory boards, supporters, sponsors and speakers from both public and private sectors
- Identifying and logging competitor events
Experience & Skills required for the role
- Educated to degree level, preferably in UK politics or a related subject
- Commercial Awareness
- Strong research skills and ability to quickly digest new information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write convincing copy for a range of mediums
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Lipton Media is a dynamic, proactive and progressive media recruitment agency solely dedicated to the media industry. We are leaders across media sales and creative opportunities. We cover: media sales, digital media sales, print sales, exhibition sales, event sales, conference sales, outdoor sales, radio sales, marketing, conference production and editorial jobs.
Our clients range from small start-up companies to FTSE 100 and 250 businesses. We work with people at every stage of their career from undergraduates looking for their first entry point into sales to senior managers and directors looking for their next challenge.
- Public Sector
- Conference Production
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job