The Careers & Enterprise Company is a social enterprise, set up with a grant from the government to help young people in England find their best possible future. Our mission is to help inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work.
The Company acts as national umbrella organisation connecting schools, businesses and third sector/charitable organisations.
The Company is a dynamic, innovative organisation that blends expertise from the private sector, third sector, education, business, academia and government. We are also an equal opportunity employer and value the diversity of our team.
We address challenges in school-to-work transition in the following ways:
1. Build Local Networks: We have built an Enterprise Advisor Network that connects schools and businesses to support young people. We are working with over a third of all secondary schools and colleges in England, with over 100 full time Enterprise Coordinators and 2000 business volunteers.
2. Back Proven Ideas: The Company has launched several investment funds that make grants to support projects with proven methods for helping young people prepare for work. We have invested over £10 million to date, helping over 250,000 young people in need.
3. Find Out What Works: We are an evidence led company that undertakes research to understand what works to help young people and to find out where support is needed the most.
4. Support young people with technology: Digital systems are important, helping young people find ways to improve their skills. We are creating national standards and underpinning technology that will support young people.
Christine Hodgson, chairperson of Capgemini, was named as chairperson and it was established as a Community Interest Company, independent of government. Other board members include Lord Young, former Enterprise Adviser to the Prime Minister, Steve Holliday, former Chief Executive of National Grid plc, Brian Lightman, former General Secretary of ASCL and Dame Julia Cleverdon DCVO, CBE, Vice President of Business in the Community and Special Adviser to The Prince’s Charities. The company is led by Claudia Harris, CEO and former partner at McKinsey.
The Programme Administrator will work with the Programme Officer and Director of Operations, managing the main administrative tasks connected to the Enterprise Advisor Network programme and providing PA support to the Director. This dual role will play a key function in ensuring our team of 10 regional leads based across England are given the administrative support they need to be able to operate effectively in their field-based roles, liaising with our external partners where required and providing internal administrative support to the wider team and PA services to the director.
- Ensure all documentation (proposals, presentations, funding allocations, grant letters etc.) are all up to date and filed appropriately on CEC’s document management systems.
- Process expenses for the wider team, ensuring they are processed in a timely manner and are compliant with CEC policy.
- Arrange meetings including drafting agendas, making diary appointments and booking rooms.
- Take minutes in relevant meetings, record actions and help to ensure actions are completed.
- Provide a PA function to the Director of Operations, including maintaining their diary, booking travel and accommodation, arranging meetings internally and externally and ensuring timely briefings and paperwork as required.
- Support the Programme Officer in arranging visits and events connected to the LEP programme including booking venues and travel.
- Ensure that progress across the Enterprise Adviser Network is recorded to enable the Director to ensure the programme is on track according to the overall project plan.
- Support the Programme Officer in managing the team’s incoming emails.
- Answer queries from external partners and direct them appropriately.
- Support the wider team with administrative tasks as and when appropriate, including processing of expenses.
- Undertake ad hoc projects and activities to support the company’s overall aim of preparing young people for the world of work.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Strong Administration experience.
- PA experience in managing senior level managers or directors, including diary management, travel bookings and minute taking.
- Strong experience in providing the highest levels of customer service and satisfaction both internally and externally
- Experience of working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience using Microsoft programmes including Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills & Our Core Competencies
- High energy and adaptability.
- Collaborative and good at building relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise actions and work at pace.
- Strong team player
- Ability to access, download and analyse relevant materials from the web egg LEP websites and distil relevant strategic/local priorities.
- Highly organised and great attention to detail
- Customer Service
- General Administration
- Microsoft Office