Programme Accountant - Permanent - Reading
About the role This role is responsible for the financial control and management of a high profile, complex transformation programme.
Capita plc is an international business process outsourcing and professional services company headquartered in London. It is the largest business process outsourcing and professional services company in the UK, and has clients in central government, local government and the private sector.
- Provide a project accounting function with key emphasis on cost management
- Management and maintenance of programme P&L and Balance Sheet position
- Strong focus on business partnering of the programme and commercial teams in order to meet the requirements of the contract and delivery within agreed budgets
- Challenge of not only the business and its project managers but on all aspects of process and cost
- Review and analyse project actual and forecast spend to support Project Managers in the financial control and forecasting of their budgets
- Put in place and manage processes to track the benefits of the programme against those assumed in the original business case, including earned value analysis
- Ensure comprehensive agreements are in place with other divisions in Capita prior to transactions or services
- Ensure all WIP and Capex is recorded, calculated correctly and managed
- Produce monthly Management Accounts and relevant variance analysis in line with Capita PLC's reporting deadline
- Produce Monthly Reports and Variance analysis that is meaningful and robust
- Identify and manage financial risk and issues and respond with solutions
- Signing off the financial element of business cases and change control notes
- Work with the business to produce the Business Plan
- Stakeholder management across: internal and third part suppliers, commercial teams, finance teams, delivery leads
- Providing information and advice to assist in making key financial decisions
- Ensure all financial processes and controls within the business are adhered to. Highlight areas for increased controls, generate business "buy in", and implement the controls as necessary
- Ensuring that the contractual financial obligations are adhered to
- Ensuring Group policies and procedures are followed Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service and quality focus
- Good ability to work well and methodically in a demanding environment
- Team player with genuine enthusiasm to make a contribution to the company and staff.
- Ready to take on more responsibilities as job develops.
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to influence decision making process through clear presentation of financials
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- SAP Experience
- Previous experience of large programme financial control
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=RG18LS&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=RG18LS&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.