A market leader in open architecture, computing and electronic systems for the defence and aerospace industry are looking for a 'program manager' to join their team on a permanent basis. You will work in a team and will be involved in a number of projects
What will you be doing?
As a 'Program manager', you will work in a team of five and be responsible for a variety of projects. You must have the 'full project lifestyle experience' and will be 'juggling' multiple projects at the same time. You will lead cross-functional teams in order to provide customer service excellence.
What skills/experience should you have?
- Full Project lifecycle experience (essential)
- Must come from an industrial/manufacturing environment (essential)
- Ability to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions
- Knowledge of industry practices and Earned value management (EVM)
- Willingness to travel (although majority of the role will be at the office)
- A HNC/degree from an accredited university/college
- Thorough understanding of project/program management - preferably PMP or Prince 2 (desirable)
- Industries preferred: military and defence, aerospace, automotive (any type of heavy manufacturing industry)
- Risk management, stakeholder management, documentation, KPI's etc.
- Products consist of electrical hardware, embedded software and mechanical components so any exposure to any of these would be good
Although the role is described as a 'program manager' this could also be referred to as a 'project manager'. You will be managing several projects at the same time as opposed to looking after one huge project; Projects can range up to 5 million; Coming from a manufacturing background will also be highly beneficial for this role. If this sounds like something that you may be interested in then please apply today!
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job