Professional Indemnity Underwriter
Our client is an SME. They are a friendly and responsive team with a highly professional attitude. They want to do the right thing for their clients while providing that personal touch.
They know how to deliver appropriate solutions for SMEs, and can unpick complex issues and clearly explain how they can solve them for their clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Insurance Broker interested in PI underwriting or an existing Underwriter to join our team and help grow the business by underwriting PI. As an Underwriter within our PI team, you will produce and underwrite new and renewal business. You will also be responsible for interacting and collaborating with colleagues internally and building and maintaining good broker relationships. An interest in Cyber would be an advantage. Previous experience in D&O would be highly advantageous.
We aim to offer an inclusive and flexible approach to how and when you work, as well as good work-life benefits. We are happy to discuss all types of flexible working with you when you join us for your interview. While we may not accommodate exactly what you want, we are always open to having the conversation.
The following key activities form a core part of your role:
- Dealing with SMEs directly across the country utilising a network of direct customers and insurance brokers that feed business to underwrite.
- On pre-agreed accounts, actively participate and support Development and Renewal Underwriters in new business, renewal and mid-term alteration underwriting activities that support underwriting decisions, consistent with business growth and profit.
- Accountable for accurate underwriting documentation/information in account management systems and adherence to documentation standards.
Understand, embrace, support and execute our client’s underwriting strategies and principles to produce budgeted results.
- In-House Underwriting - Underwriting to strictly reflect the rules and guidelines of the team and in accordance with the financial goals of the team
- Reviewing submissions including applications, policy wording, inspection reports, loss runs, and financial reports while conducting appropriate research to determine the degree of risk for each account
- Effective relationship management to initiate opportunities for cross-selling offered products and ensuring account retention.
- Achieve optimum client retention through handling renewals
- Proven experience working in an Underwriting environment, possessing functional knowledge and skills reflective of a fully competent practitioner.
- Previous experience of Professional Indemnity or wider Financial Lines based underwriting will be beneficial
- Strong Industry Knowledge and Commercial/Business Acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service focus is a must.
- Interpersonal Savvy - Demonstrated ability to build and maintain vital insurance and broker contacts.
- Ability to develop and understand business processes, strategy, and planning
- Collaborative team player who provides creative solutions and ideas for resolution.
- Quick learner and adopter of systems
- Willingness to persevere and be self-motivated
- Attention to detail and diligent and thorough
- Studying towards the CII Advanced Diploma or the Fellowship
- Previous experience work for a Lloyds Syndicate, Company market or an MGA
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'