JOB TITLE: Professional Indemnity Senior Claims Handler
Are you looking to progress your legal career, but have limited progression routes in your current job? If so, this could be the perfect role for you.
This firm will endeavour to:
- Fund your CILEx route to qualification after passing your 6 month probation
- Offers several training contracts per year, 8 of which arose from the Professional and Commercial Risks Team
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- 21 days holiday (increasing)
- Option to buy or sell 5 days holidays
- Dress down Fridays
- Cycle to work
- Childcare vouchers
- Subsidised gym membership
- 15% off vodaphone contracts
At an international Law firm with a large office in Bristol, this opportunity will provide you with an expansive career progression and you will further your knowledge working under technically excellent fee earners. There is scope to gain a wide range of experience in this role and take your legal career to the next level.
Responsibilities / duties:
- Manage a complex caseload of pre-litigated Professional Indemnity cases ranging from solicitors, architects and surveyors with values of up to £250,000. Dealing with tasks such as evaluating and investigating evidence, setting case strategies, providing both technical and commercial advice, reviewing panel reports, drafting letters of response, negotiating settlement, preparing counter schedules, billing
- Building a knowledge of legal issues regarding professionals’ own rules, procedures and regulatory framework
- Passing complex legal issues to Claims Supervisor with intelligent ideas for solutions
- Graduate with excellent academics and previous Claims Handler experience within Professional Indemnity field
- Ability to demonstrate independent thought and provide intelligent ideas to solve complex issues
How to apply
If you believe that you have the skills and experience for this role please get in touch at your earliest convenience.
Please note, whilst we do our best to contact all candidates, due to the high number of applications we receive we cannot guarantee this for every role. If you have not heard anything from us within 7 days of applying - then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. Please keep an eye on our website for more opportunities.
If this role is not suitable for you at this time, but you know of a friend/colleague who would be interested, please put them in touch as we offer referral vouchers for all candidates whose details are passed to us that we successfully place.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Professional Negligence