- 5-10 years of claims handling experience predominantly in professional indemnity and general liability
- Handling liability claims across a range of territories from first notice through to settlement
- Reporting to the international liability claims manager
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with brokers, reinsurers and service providers
- Keeping the international liability underwriting team abreast of material claims and market trends
- Supporting the international liability underwriting team with risk appetite and business development
- Represent the syndicate at market meetings and market groups when required
- Applicant should be fully conversant with ECF and other key market systems
- Keep up to date with legal and regulatory developments
- Attendance at all relevant casualty market industry training courses
- Additional languages looked at favourably particularly Spanish, Italian and Portuguese
Working towards or ACII qualification
Customer focussed and target driven.
Demonstrable technical claims experience and product knowledge.
Demonstrable understanding of relevant legislative and legal framework.
Effective negotiating and decision making skills.
Ability to consistently produce work of the highest standard even when working under tight timescales and when dealing with competing work pressures.
IT literate with previous experience of working with a case management system.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confident in dealing with people at all levels.
- professional indemnity