If you are a Chartered Engineer with experience in the education sector, this is an exciting opportunity to sustain the engineering community through delivery of professional development, including policy and procedural enhancements and communications.
About The Organisation
With over 120,000 members in 140 countries, our client has been at the heart of the mechanical engineering profession since 1847.
Our client strives to improve the world through engineering by developing engineers, promoting engineering, informing opinion and encouraging innovation.
They are now looking for a Professional Development and Education Policy Advisor to lead the development of their Education and Skills policy, advising individuals as they pursue and develop a career in engineering.
As the Professional Development and Education Policy Advisor, you will advise our client’s members, potential members, volunteers and staff on a range of membership, accreditation and professional development activities. You will advise them on how to progress, both academically and professionally, within the engineering industry.
The other key part of your role will involve providing thought leadership and advice on engineering education policy, both internally and externally. You will work with external stakeholders, our client’s members, the media and politicians to promote engineering education as a priority.
In this role you will:
- Review education policies and, looking forward, recommend potential changes if needed to processes and procedures
- Provide advisory support for the Special Application Processes (SAPs) established for the UK Armed Forces
- Support the ongoing development and review of standard, higher and degree-level apprenticeships
- Represent the organisation at seminars, conferences and other public speaking events
- Attend professional body meetings, such as the Engineering Council and the Royal Academy
To join our client as Professional Development and Education Policy Advisor, you will need:
- Significant hands-on engineering experience
- Experience in the education sector
- To be a Chartered Engineer
- Knowledge of the key principles of the Engineering Council registration and accreditation requirements
- Excellent communication skills, with the confidence to represent the organisation externally
Experience of the following would be beneficial: working with the UK Armed Forces, providing interviews or commentary for the media, being involved with STEM subjects in the education and skills policy sector, or leading or managing support staff.
Our client would like to hear from you if you’ve held the title of Registered Engineer, Chartered Engineer, CEng, Engineering Consultant, Mechanical Engineer, or Engineer. Other companies may call this role Professional Development Advisor, Engineering Policy Advisor, Engineering Policy Consultant, Professional Development Consultant, or Engineering Membership Advisor.
- Salary of c£55,000 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Flexibility to work from home
- The opportunity to guide your own workload
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Benefits including stakeholder pension scheme, life assurance and private health cover
- Continuous training and career development
- A range of wellbeing benefits to encourage a healthy work-life balance
Within a collaborative and forward-thinking environment, you will have the chance to support individuals in their professional development, as well as contributing to our client’s own development resources and policies. You will have the opportunity to use your expertise to support the success of the engineering community, act as the face of their organisation and shape policy which will influence how they operate.
People are integral to the ongoing success of our client’s organisation, which is why they are committed to making their working life fulfilling, enjoyable and engaging.
Interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis as suitable applicants apply. An immediate start is available for the right candidate.
Thank you for your interest in this post. Our client looks forward to receiving your application.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to make an impact as a Professional Development and Education Policy Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'