Production Technician, Stokesley, Competitive Salary, Attractive Benefits Package
Your new company
Your new company has a fantastic opportunity which has arisen to join their highly skilled Production team. Our client is a world leader in the research, development, and production of their products and systems. They provide enough structure to ensure the safety and integrity of their products, and enough freedom to make a tangible difference to colleagues and customers alike.
Your new role
The Production Technician will form part of the Production Team and will report to the Production Manager. The job role will predominantly involve the assembly & setup of low volume/high complexity lifesaving electronics based gas sensing products. These products are used in a wide variety of applications, from submarines through to pub cellars. Given the criticality of the equipment, exceptional product quality and high levels of customer service are absolutely crucial. Duties & Responsibilities: Setup and assembly of company products in line with product standard operating procedures. Key skills for this will include:
- Soldering (trained to IPC-610 desirable)
- Gas use
- Small hand tools
- Mechanical Assembly
- Wire loom creation (trained to IPC-620 desirable)
- Use of electrical / wiring diagrams.
- Product inspection, fault analysis & report writing.
- The repair & service of company products within our Repairs & Servicing department.
- Ability to electrical fault find / root cause analyse and report on findings through written and verbal means.
- Inter-departmental working to ensure the customer receives a very high level of customer service.
- Work with the Production Engineering Team on new product introduction and on very low volume/high complexity builds.
- Proactively managing your workload to meet daily / weekly deadlines, whilst being flexible as the production schedule can be subject to change due to changing demands - a proactive, positive approach to work is essential.
- Safe use of gas and movement of gas bottles in line with company training and HSE requirements.
- Safe use of pressure vessels as required for hyperbaric product testing.
- Ensure that the quality of the work you undertake is of the highest standard and in line with company / Customer requirements - communicating quality issues promptly to the relevant line managers.
- Make updates to assembly instructions as required to ensure an accurate record of the build is retained.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work to verbal and written instructions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team - self motivation is essential.
- To support other company departments as and when required to enable the company to achieve its objectives.
- Personal training and development to complement the companies objectives.
- Maintaining awareness of the company Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
- Understand the importance of the customer in everything we do and carry out all duties in this role in line with the company's Customer Service Policy
- An ongoing personal commitment to continuous performance improvement and personal development is required of all employees to enable the company to achieve its mission and to continue to build on its tradition of excellence.
- All candidates must be able to obtain Security Clearance
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate should have a minimum of two years electrical production experience or an equivalent time spent in electrical engineering academic study. A high level of motivation with a positive "can do" attitude and the ability to use their own initiative to work with colleagues to solve problems will also be of high importance. A HNC or equivalent would be desirable for this role.
You will also express the following;
Team working - work collaboratively with those around you to deliver objectives & solve problems
Commercial Awareness - understanding the importance of the customer, maximising sales & minimising waste.
Ownership - Understanding what you are responsible for delivering and making it your mission to see it through.
Continuous Improvement - The drive to do it better next time Commitment - the desire to achieve your potential and do the right thing for the company.
We are proud of what we do, we:
- Operate Ethically
- Are Trustworthy
- Give Excellent Customer Service
- Solve Customers Problems
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a fantastic company who promote career progression. A very competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job