Job title Production Technician
Responsible to Seed Production Unit Team Leader
Hours per week 37.5
Job type Permanent
Porton Biopharma Ltd, Porton Down has approximately 250 staff, performing a range of production, quality and development roles within pharmaceutical production, process and analytical development, quality control and quality assurance. The department carries out the manufacture of Erwinase and Anthrax Vaccine as well as contract manufacturing projects.
The FPP Senior Production Technician post is located at the Fermentation Process Plant (FPP) at Porton Down. The FPP is an FDA and MHRA licensed GMP manufacturing facility which produces therapeutic products by bacterial fermentation, then extracts the active ingredient from the fermentation by initial phase downstream processing.
We are seeking a person to assist with the varied support taskes that are perfoemd within the FPP propcess hall. These tasks include environmentla monitoring, water sampling, calibration checks, cleaning, laundry processing and dispatch. Accurate completin of quality documents will be required.
This post is located at the Fermentation Plant. The seed production unit is a current GMP facility which produces bacterial feedstock for the fermentation process plant. This material then undergoes bacterial fermentation and the active ingredient is extracted from the fermentation by initial phase downstream processing.
The successful candidate will assist the FPP Support Team with the routine tasks that are performed within the process hall including environmental monitoring, water sampling, calibration checks, cleaning, ordering and maintaining supplies of consumables. Some driving will be required to ensure delivery of samples and good communication with other members of staff.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with Environmental Monitoring of the FPP Main Process Hall.
- Assist with the cleaning of the FPP Main Process Hall, Seed Production Unit and periphery.
- Assist with the water sampling of the FPP Main Process Hall.
- Assist with transporting product, materials, and equipment to and from the Main PHE site.
- Assist with the ordering, stocking up, and maintenance of consumables.
- Ensure compliance is maintained during manufacture and that PBL policies and procedures are applied when necessary.
- Liaise with Pharmaceutical Stores, QC, and EMCOR to ensure the unit stays within compliance and is ready for operations when required.
- Ensuring training is completed and up to date for their required area of work.
The above is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. You will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by the directorate.
The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the organisation.
You should pursue a programme of continuous professional development in accordance with any relevant professional registration or statutory requirements, while maintaining appropriate awareness of service provider requirements.
- Environmental Monitoring
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job