BD is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. BD provides an environment which enables our highly talented workforce to be the best at their professions. We are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join our Company on its journey to be a leader in 'advancing the world of health’
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team-orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business. We have a variety of continuous day and night shift available with attractive shift premiums of 32% and 48% respectively
We require Production Technicians to work as part of the manufacturing team providing technical and processing activities associated with the manufacture of medical device components.
As Production Technician, you will;
- Attend to electro-mechanical faults, diagnosing and repairing in a timely manner to keep up with production targets.
- Conduct Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and refurbish offline machinery and ancillaries.
- Ensures all manufacturing equipment is set up and produces product according to established Quality Control specifications and standards. Maintaining acceptable quality and waste levels.
- Ensures that any statutory legislation and/or quality system requirements are adhered to with regard to process changes and equipment modification.
- Continually monitors in-process quality, addressing issues as needed to prevent product holds.
- Ensures that all existing and new equipment and processes are operated in compliance with all current Quality Control, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with Operational, Engineering and Quality Control personnel to actively pursue and promote continuous improvement; SSU, 5S, CIAS, Near Miss, etc.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained as assigned, and in accordance with requirements detailed on the appropriate schedule/plan or work instruction. Ensuring the minimisation of downtime within planned costs for repair and spares
- To support engineering in the installation and validation of new equipment and technology and ensure a smooth and acceptable transfer to production.
- Become actively involved and contribute to regular team meetings and participate in project teams as required.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of data on to SAP.
- Operational responsibilities include covering breaks, operating production machinery, assembling product, performing quality checks and pallet release duties.
The successful candidate will have a qualification in electricalengineering such as C&G, HND or a time served apprenticeship or equivalent experience. You will have a good engineering aptitude and have a keen eye for creative engineering solutions. You will have excellent communication skills and be I.T. literate. You will be process driven and methodical in your approach. You will be organised and self-motivated with a safety awareness of electrical, compressed air and pressurised systems.
If you’re a team player who is passionate about manufacturing and 'advancing the world of health’ and we’ve just described your career aspirations, then please click on the APPLY button
- Medical Technology
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Process Driven