Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD Plymouth, a state-of-the-art Manufacturing 27 acre site, is proud to be actively recruiting driven, passionate and team-orientated people to supplement our highly skilled team during this period of growth. You can look forward to a rewarding career, great benefits package, collaborative working and opportunities to expand your skills in this fast moving, dynamic and agile business.
We have 5 new positions of a mix of continuous day and night shifts from 11-11, 3 days on/off, available with an attractive shift premiums of 32% and 48% respectively.
We are looking for a Production Technician to work as part of the manufacturing team providing technical and processing activities associated with the manufacture of medical device components.
As Production Technician, you will;
- Attend to electro-mechanical faults, diagnosing and repairing in a timely manner to keep up with production targets.
- Conduct Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) and refurbish offline machinery and ancillaries.
- Ensures all manufacturing equipment is set up and produces product according to established Quality Control specifications and standards. Maintaining acceptable quality and waste levels.
- Ensures that any statutory legislation and/or quality system requirements are adhered to with regard to process changes and equipment modification.
- Continually monitors in-process quality, addressing issues as needed to prevent product holds.
- Ensures that all existing and new equipment and processes are operated in compliance with all current Quality Control, Health & Safety and Environmental legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Works closely with Operational, Engineering and Quality Control personnel to actively pursue and promote continuous improvement; SSU, 5S, CIAS, Near Miss, etc.
- Ensure all equipment is maintained as assigned, and in accordance with requirements detailed on the appropriate schedule/plan or work instruction. Ensuring the minimisation of downtime within planned costs for repair and spares
- To support engineering in the installation and validation of new equipment and technology and ensure a smooth and acceptable transfer to production.
- Become actively involved and contribute to regular team meetings and participate in project teams as required.
- Ensures accurate and timely entry of data on to SAP.
- Operational responsibilities include covering breaks, operating production machinery, assembling product, performing quality checks and pallet release duties.
You have a qualification in either electrical or mechanicalengineering such as C&G, HND or a time served apprenticeship or equivalent experience. You have a good engineering aptitude and have a keen eye for creative engineering solutions. You have excellent communication skills and are I.T. literate. Keen on the process and methodical in your approach, you are organised and self-motivated with a safety awareness of electrical, compressed air and pressurised systems.
Sounds like you? Please click on the Apply button!
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life’s purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.Primary Work Location
GBR Plymouth - Belliver Industrial Estate
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'