***HOT NEW JOB*** Production Team Leader- Weekend Cover- Blackburn (BB1)
Shifts 9am – 5pm on Thursday, Friday & Monday and 7am – 3pm on Saturday & Sunday
To deliver the production plan efficiently and effectively for specific operations for one of Blackburn’s most respected distribution firms, this role can be started very quickly for the perfect candidate
£23k per annum starting salary with genuine opportunity for progression and salary review after 3-month probation period
· To understand and implement the requirements of the briefing document and production plan.
· To look at the Production Schedule daily in line with the staffing levels and workloads.
· To organise the production team to ensure on time, in full delivery of the production schedule.
· To motivate the team to meet all standards and deadlines.
· To ensure product quality through monitoring picking, packing and despatch using standard operating processes and quality control checks.
· To be aware of key cost drivers and where appropriate work to reduce costs.
· Health & safety, housekeeping and safe working practices are in place.
· Achieve all relevant KPI’s and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
· Ensure all team members are fully trained and coached against all job briefs and standard operating procedures and training records are up to date.
· Carry out staff performance and development reviews.
· Sickness, to ensure return to work Interview are completed within the day of return.
· Communicate to the team through the effective use of formal and informal methods.
· To apply all applicable company procedures.
· Time sheets and the recording of staff on all promotions.
Experience & qualifications required Understanding of the briefing and production process Understanding Production Plan & Staffing Levels and timings on Jobs Understanding of quality requirements. Problem solving tools and techniques Knowledge of relevant health & safety procedures Motivation skills Instructional & training techniques A bit more information on this fab role..
The holidays are 28 per year (20 + 8 bank holidays) and these increase with each full years’ service up to 33 + 8 bank holidays.
Our client offers life assurance (4 times annual salary) for death in service, pension scheme, free parking, Company Academy (employees can apply to study for certain qualifications and training and the cost of this is covered by the company).
The salary is for 37.5 hours per week - the working day includes x2 paid 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break. There are another 4 team leaders in production who would support the role and they are also supported by the senior production operatives and would report to a production manager, there is currently a weekend shift of around 25 staff and the shifts during the week vary depending upon the workloads/number of fixed term staff.
If this looks like your next career the please do NOT delay!!!
Get in touch with your up to date CV e-mail victoria.o’ or call for more information
Good luck with your application
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'