Production Team Leader
Croydon, Greater London
£22,000 - £30,000 + Twice annual performance bonus, 24 days’ holiday (+ National Holidays)
Our client is a world leader of the design, manufacture and assembly of mechanical and electronic angle measuring sensors. Their success has led to an increase in orders and with further business growth planned as they expand their product range, the successful candidate could progress their career as the company expands.
This is an excellent position for someone with engineering experience and skills, looking to join a forward-thinking company with a strong commitment to the development of its people. The company currently employs 56 people in a modern facility, and has detailed plans for continued growth and success over the coming years.
Responsibilities and Duties
As the Production Team Leader, you will be responsible for the specialist manufacturing of sensor and precision ground vials using dedicated equipment. This will include:
- Leading a team of six technicians managing their daily schedules and creating long term planning schedules for the department
- Be a hands-on supervisor involved with the day to day production to meet business demands
- Implement policies and procedures and recommend improvements in production methods
- Involvement with new products and the documentation associated with right first time production methods
Qualifications and Skills
To be considered, our client is looking for the following skills and experience:
- Good computer skills using Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Experience and/or qualifications in production and engineering
Preferred but not essential:
- Experience of leading a team
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing
- CAD (SolidWorks) experience
On completion of three months employment you will be entitled to join the company pension scheme.
Transparent pay structure - increased skills equating to higher salary.
Enrolment to the company supervisor training scheme.
Twice annual performance bonus - in-line with company appraisal system.
To apply for the role of Production Team Leader, please apply via the button shown. Please remember to include a CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Production Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Manufacturing Supervisor, Manufacturing Team Leader, Assembly Team Leader, Assembly Supervisor, Production Assembly Supervisor, Production.