My Client are a leading manufacturer and are looking to recruit a permanent full time Production Team Leader, who will supervise all aspects of manufacturing. The role will be based at their headquarters in St. Ives, Cambridgeshire.
In this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the performance of individuals and teams to ensure that production targets are met, achieving specified quality standards and efficiency measures, whilst fostering a culture of working safely.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supervise staff to ensure products are manufactured within specified tolerances
- Manage reporting of personnel including performance, attendance, sickness, timekeeping, overtime and holidays.
- Ensure quality standards are kept to the required level
- Monitor production workflow to ensure guaranteed lead times are met
- Supervise and monitor training to new and current staff
- Ensure all staff are complying with Health & Safety requirements
To succeed in this challenging role, you will need to possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate competently at all levels. Attention to detail is an essential attribute for this role. You will have the desire to drive continual improvement projects and must be able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working in a Team Leader role in a manufacturing environment.
- Have obtained minimum of Grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail.
- An interest or passion for golf would be advantageous.
My Client offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes Pension Scheme and an on-site Fitness Centre.
- Team Leader