WB Employment is looking for a Production Team Leader to join our successful Client based in Plymouth.
The Team Leader will lead and develop their team of production operators and support functions to ensure the timely and efficient manufacture of product to appropriate service, quality and cost, whilst ensuring the continuous improvement of the area in line with site and individual objectives.
- To lead a production team to ensure overall achievement of objectives as measured by the Key Performance Indicators.
- Support, lead and maintain Continuous Improvement programms to achieve objectives as measured by the Key Performance Indicators, with high levels of operator involvement and commitment
- Lead a production team to meet and maintain production operations and processes
- Prioritise maintenance and repairs of production equipment to minimise downtime
- Initiate and drive training throughout the shift to ensure the team is multi skilled and able to respond to customer demands
- Manage the team to ensure compliance and adherence to company procedures.
- Suggest and Support appropriate initiatives which support the longer term development of the manufacturing operation
- Carry out health & safety risk assessments as required.
- Carry out daily/weekly team briefings to ensure quality communication to the team.
- Provide adhoc support within the business towards ensuring company objectives are achieved.
- Promote – cost reduction, efficiency improvements, ideas to promote savings and improve customer service levels.
- Participation and support in managing and driving change, involving employees in any change programmes.
- NVQ Level 3 Team Leader qualified or proven significant experience in Team Leading in a Manufacturing Environment
- First class leadership skills with evidence of motivating, coaching, mentoring, developing employees and experience of dealing with employee relation issues and conflict management.
- Good IT skills particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience of working with quality standards e.g. ISO9001 & ISO14001.
- Highly organised and structured approach to work.
- Good time management.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Willingness to be flexible to achieve objectives.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business.
- Flexible working hours when required.
- An excellent team player with the ability to fit into all teams.
- A quick decision maker who arrives at decisions and conclusions considering all alternatives and solutions rationally.
Mon – Fri 08:00am – 17:00pm
Great opportunity to join very successful company with excellent future career perspective.