New opportunity not to be missed! Innovative Technology has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Team Leader to join our growing team based in Oldham, Manchester. In return, we offer a highly-competitive salary plus excellent benefits.
At Innovative Technology, we’re a global market leader in the design and manufacture of cash validation devices and processing services. We’ve over 380 employees at 10 locations across five continents, with around 180 based in our state-of-the-art head office.
At Innovative Technology, we strive to be the best at what we do and are proud of our track record of innovation and growth, so it’s great to be recognised for our achievements and success. Recent accolades include The Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade, The Sunday Times BDO Profit Track 100 and being listed in the London Stock Exchange 1000 companies to inspire Britain.
We’re currently looking for a Production Team Leader to join our Production team here in Oldham. We design and manufacture complex products to a high specification before shipping to our global customers. You’ll play a key part in this through the management of a team of operators and ensure that targets and budgets are met. You’ll be responsible for coordinating quality, health and safety, training and support.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with experience managing a close-knit team of operators within a manufacturing environment. As our Production Team Leader you’ll get the opportunity to see how high quality standards are maintained in a global manufacturing business and contribute to ensuring continued commercial success of our wide range of products.
- Manage a team of production operators and ensure your team enables departmental operation. You’ll be responsible for ascertaining team members’ development objectives and training needs, assessing opportunities for career progression and ensure that company policies are adhered to. For example, discipline and grievance procedures.
- Fostering a collaborative culture through communication, training and teamwork.
- Achieve a year on year improvement in labour ratio on a like for like basis agreed and set with the annual KPI review.
- Ensure maximum customer satisfaction and achieve and maintain a sales delivery performance agreed and set with the annual KPI review.
- In conjunction with the Quality team, keep scrap and non-conformance to a minimum and, by use of 'quality circle’ techniques, reduce and maintain to a KPI measure as agreed.
- Ensure that creation of slow and excess materials is kept to a minimum.
- In conjunction with the warehouse team, you’ll play a pivotal role in continued efforts to implement Kanban material supply.
- Together with other members of the supervisory team, ensure the effective implementation and continued development of a company-wide lean environment.
Your Skills & Experience
- A First Line Management qualification from a recognised institution or equivalent.
- Experience of managing a team within a manufacturing environment. Ideally this will have been in an electronic/electromechanical environment but this is not essential.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles.
- You’ll need to be IT literate.
Your Package & Perks
- Highly-competitive and negotiable, depending on suitability and experience
- Workplace Pension Scheme, with a 3% contribution from us
- Flexible working hours and working from home available, to fit around personal commitments, with the option to finish from midday on Fridays
- Paid breaks, lounge style canteens and games tables, with free fruit and hot premium drinks
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, for great work-life balance, with the opportunity to earn extra days holiday
- Private Healthcare Scheme available for you (as benefit in kind), and the option to add family members
- Educational Sponsorship, Childcare Vouchers and Cycle to Work Scheme
- Informal dress code, free onsite modern gym, free secure parking, staff car workshop and an active social calendar
If you’re an experienced Production Team Leader looking to join a team operating at the centre of a dynamic, expanding state-of-the-art electronics manufacturer, we want to hear from you!