Production Team Leader
Westray Recruitment Consultants is working alongside a bespoke manufacturer based in Durham to source a Team Leader. The Team Leader will provide guidance, direction and leadership to the team to achieve maximum productivity. To be successful in this role you will have previous experience as a team leader and have a solid knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques.
- Provide guidance, support, direction, and leadership to the team to achieve maximum productivity whilst maintaining the quality standard expected by our valued customers
- Provide leadership on aspects such as Production, People, Quality, Training and HSE, as well as responsibility for the hands on running of machines to cover breaks and maintain efficiency
- Liaise with Engineers regarding breakdowns of equipment ensuring minimum downtime
- Create shift reports that are easy to understand (clear)
- Help achieve all production daily targets
- Assist in covering breaks across all machines
- Ensure the team adhere to all company rules and policies
- Assist managers in driving positive change within the business and actively promoting a one team ethic through-out the shift
- Support your manager to recruit, attract, identify, and hire staff
- Ensure quality control checks are undertaken and documented
- Act as lead HSE Officer and ensure all accidents, incidents and near misses are reported and assist in the investigation where necessary
- Solid experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Good leadership experience
- Experience in modern lean manufacturing techniques and also 5S knowledge
- Experience in a culture that has moved from reactive to proactive
- The ability to motivate and guide a team to achieve set targets
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Computer literacy specifically for Excel and Outlook
This is a permanent role working 41 hours per week (Mon - Fri), shifts include week 1 - 6am-3pm Monday to Thursday and 6am-11am on Friday, week 2 - 3pm-12am and 11am-4pm on Friday.
This role is offering a competitive hourly rate, along with a shift allowance and a weekly bonus.
POINT OF CONTACT
Please get in touch with Tony Hutchinson to find out more details on this role.
- team leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job