Production Team Leader
We are currently recruiting for a Permanent Production Team Leader, to join a well established and successful business. You will be responsible for ensuring manpower and materials are organised, maximising available resources to deliver agreed production schedules. You will be reporting into the Production Manager and be responsible for a team of 15 Production Operatives.
* Organising staff resources within the manufacturing area, ensuring the appropriate number of staff are available for work
* Act as the central point of communication on shift, directing your team to the days priorities as agreed with production planners, focusing on adherence to schedule.
* Monitoring production quality and safety versus agreed target, implementing corrective actions as required.
* Ensuring production documentation is completed on time and is accurate.
* Resolving issues as they arrive on shift through effective use of site resources
* Promoting and maintaining a safe working environment for all.
* Where appropriate make recommendations to introduce system improvements.
* Work towards developing key skills that will assist with the effective management of your team; including performance and absence management.
* Contribute to the development of the organisation through active involvement in team meetings, objectives, project work, training and communications
About you:It is essential that you have proven management and leadership skills within a Production/Manufacturing environment, (minimum of 5 years) with a full working knowledge of all aspects of the production process. You will be able to demonstrate team leadership and development, problem analysis, problem solving and process improvement skills.
You will have a good working knowledge of lean manufacturing, as well as safety awareness, with experience of safe systems of work.
What's in it for you?This role is being offered on a full time permanent basis. The shift patterns involve working continental shifts; 4 on and 4 off (2 days/ 2 nights), hours will be from 7-7. In return you will be offered a salary dependent upon your experience, up to £35,000 per annum. Excellent company benefits to be confirmed at interview stage.
- health and safety