An exciting opportunity to join an already established team. We believe that we all need places that make us feel safer, happier and more sociable. Places to be ourselves, where we can live, play, create and grow. That belief drives us to be the best we can be. To design and produce new products which are better than anything else available. To make them from the best materials we can source and to care about the impact that our company and its products have on our society.
Your role would be to support the Area Operations Manager to deliver the MLP through strong planning, organising & people management skills.
Lead the department Manufacturing Team to deliver production plans and service levels within quality, safety and cost parameters.
To engage the 'hearts and minds’ of the company’s employees to create and sustain a pro-active culture in all disciplines across the business.
The Key responsibilties would be :
- Effective communication for team briefings, handovers and toolbox talks.
- Responsible for ensuring that they get the maximum performance from their team, plant and equipment.
- Esure all employees understand the importance of and work to the highest standards in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality at all times.
- Ensure all employees comply with all policies and procedures in relation to Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality at all times
- Ensure manufacturing practices for 'peoplesafety’ and 'productsafety’ are in place and satisfy legal and corporate requirements
- Maximise and constantly improve manufacturing performance that meets/exceeds company standards, KPI’s, customer and legislative requirements
- Implement Production review processes that maximise OEE & throughputs
- Ensure IMS compliance
- Responsibility for deploying labour resources effectively
- Team responsibility
- Liaise with Production Planning to deliver the most cost effective production schedule & deliver customer service KPI’s
- Drive continuous improvement and identify and maximise continuous improvement opportunities.
- Constantly challenge the manufacturing process and its capabilities.
- Coach and develop direct reports. Monitor and improve performance through appraisal, performance management and personal development plans to ensure that their full potential is realised
- Work closely with HR in developing positive employee relations through fostering team working, communication and employee engagement.
- Responsibility for 1st line disciplinary matters when required
- Deputise for the Area Operations Manager when required (e.g. weekend shifts
Have you the key skills :
- Experience of operating in a medium/large manufacturing site with responsibility of team of 10 or more employees
- Ideally some experience of operating in a traditional employee relations climate/heavily unionised environment
- A knowledge & understanding of Overall Equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Some experience of implementing continuous improvement/lean manufacturing techniques, would be an advantage
- Experience of maximising the potential of others including development and performance management
- Demonstrable experience of driving and improving site performance
- Has the development potential to progress beyond this role
- Brand & quality focused
- PC Literate
- Written verbal & written communication skills
If you would like an opportunity to join a flagship company within the industry then apply today.
FREE PARKING ON SITE