Production Team Leader – Day Shift
About Our Client
Our Client is a family furniture business that loves beautiful design and over the last 90 years they have developed a seamless, end-to-end process for creating your perfect space. They are looking for a Production Team Leader to work from their purpose-built workshop in Leicestershire.
- Lead and motivate a team of Production operatives, managing all aspects of their performance and welfare
- Ensure that all H and S procedures are followed with all relevant paperwork/forms completed in time and in full. Ongoing monitoring of compliance to these and statutory rules as stated within our ISO 18001 2007 and statutory H and S legislation in general.
- Conducting H and S risk assessments both formally (Puwer and Task based assessments) and informally (as and when required)
- Planned Preventative maintenance will be required on all machinery throughout production and as such is the Team Leaders’ role to ensure that these tasks are completed by their teams at the start of the shift in accordance with the planned maintenance procedures.
- ISO 9001 2008 provides the framework for all the activities within the manufacturing division as such all aspects are required to be adhered to and monitoring of all staff to ensure compliance. Work instructions, Production support documents and forms provide the framework for the training of all staff with Job Trainers.
- Right First Time (Quality) targets are to be achieved as per the company targets
- Continually review operating processes in order to maintain “best practice” way of working
- Ensure recruitment, training and succession plans are in place to meet and deliver the business targets
- Being a complex production process the majority of the day will be shop floor based where daily improvements will be expected to meet the daily targets and the future requirements of the business
- Ensure that all work is planned and completed within the timescales required
- Head Project teams to improve manufacturing from quality, efficiency, housekeeping, safety etc.
- Continually monitor operations for quality and completion and adjust accordingly whilst achieving daily targets
- Proactively manage staff to ensure daily/hourly targets are achieved to meet tight daily deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
Outstanding written English (essential)
Proven track record of delivering to tight deadlines
Good organisational skills
Experience with CMS solutions
Flexible approach to working hours to accomplish company targets
Good eye for detail,
Highly motivated, self-starter prepared to go the extra mile
Clear understanding in financial targets
Ability to coach and train staff to high standards of performance and quality and to maintain those standards
Strong day to day management of staff and processes
Ability to identify issues that prevent daily completion and action accordingly to achieve daily targets
Can adjust daily plans to suit unforeseen issues in the operation
Can identify deficiencies in operations be that people, process or machine and action remedies.
Apply for This Job
If you feel this job opportunity is the right one for you please call our team of experts waiting to take your call on or email –
We will review your application as soon as possible and contact you if you are successful.