An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Supervisor with our client in Brandon. This is a full-time, permanent position offering excellent opportunities for the right candidate.
Our client are a specialist construction firm who have a superb reputation within their industry and have won several accolades for their commitment to their work and impressive business model. They are at a particularly interesting point in their history, and are on-track with their ambitious yet very achievable business plan which will see their team grow considerably over the next five years.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for a team of between 10 and 20 people and will ideally have some previous experience of engaging and motivating a team of workers. This role will suit a candidate who is open to new ideas and can rise to a challenge within a busy working environment. There are 2 important areas of responsibility with this role (details below) as well as upholding company standards, these are:
Line Management Responsibility
- Motivate and lead a team to achieve results
- Effectively communicate production targets
- Manage individual performance
- Ensure employee evaluations are effective and completed as required
- Workforce and resource planning
- Responsibility for the recruitment and selection process within your designated area
- Take the lead in all employee relations and performance management issues within the team
- Lead training and development to ensure a multi skilled workforce is created
Efficiency and Cost Reduction
- Along with your team ensure continuous improvement in the following areas;
Ö Waste Management
Ö Labour Costs
Ö Production output
Ö General maintenance
Ö Stepped capacity increases
- Adherence to all quality standards
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement
- Review, develop and implement improvements to production processes
- Responsibility for production housekeeping standards
- Ensure all staff work within H&S standards
- Adhere to quality standards at all times
This exciting opportunity would best suit a confident and organised person who has excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to take on new challenges and new ways of thinking. Deally this role will suit candidates who have previous experience within a manufacturing or building industry environment.
Other requirements consist of:
- Solid organisational skills, including multi-tasking and time-management and prioritising workloads
- Strong communication skills and able to lead a team effectively
- Some familiarity with high variety/ low volume manufacturing would be useful but not a prerequisite
- The ability to persuade and influence at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Ability to adapt and respond to change
This role is offered with a competitive salary and is a full time (40 hours a week) permanent position.
Due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are unable to provide specific feedback on each application. If you have not been contacted after two weeks from the date of your application unfortunately you may have been unsuccessful. We strive to deliver an excellent service to all of our candidates and as such, should you wish to discover the reason you may have been unsuccessful please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us via email to request specific feedback on your application.
Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn (Horizon Search & Selection Ltd) and Twitter (@Horizon_East), as well as Instagram (@horizonsearchandselection) to hear about all of our latest jobs as well as company and industry company news!
- Communication Skills
- Continuous Improvement
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'