We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join a well-established company based in the Ipswich area. Our client have been providing wood shavings and sawdust throughout the Southeast of England for over 123 years.
As the Production Supervisor you will have an excellent opportunity to progress further within the business and to ensure you have the appropriate skills you will be given full support and will be placed on a Leadership and Management ILM3 Diploma Training course along with loading shovel training.
- To communicate with all team members and report to the Production Manager
- To supervise once Production Manager has finished shift and support them during shifts
- To load/unload vehicles using fork truck and loading shovel
- To operate bailing/shredding/chopping machines once full training received
- To work to KPIs with clear goals and objectives, ensuring data is captured accurately
- To comply with site Health and Safety measures
- Good levels of housekeeping to be maintained at all times
- To maintain Quality Control System following procedures to ISO 9001, with completion of necessary paperwork
Skills and attributes:
- Experience with a loading shovel and of plant maintenance is advantageous, however full training will be provided
- To be able to work steadily under pressure
- High priority in maintenance of Health and Safety Standards
- Team player with good communication skills and positive 'can do’ attitude
- Driven to want to achieve set production targets and goals
- To supervise and ensure consistency of evening shift production results
- Own transport is also required due to the site’s rural location.
The successful candidate will step up daily for the Production Manager when they are not onsite, be ambitious, keen to grow and develop within the growing company. It is also essential that candidates possess a Forklift License.
- Salary between £18,000 - £22,000 (depending on experience)
- Daily production bonus based on targets
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holiday
- Company pension
- Uniform provided
- Working for a successful growing company who offer progression
Due to the nature of the working environment, you will need to be free of asthma or any other respiratory conditions, as atmosphere is dusty (protective masks will be provided) and physically fit to undertake some manual handling.
- Plant Maintenance
- Forklift Operator
- Production Supervisor
- Production Operative
- Loading Shovel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"