Our established FMCG client based on the outskirts of Dereham is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor to join their growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity to manage a tight knit team of 20 staff, within a fast-paced food manufacturing business- please note their produce does not include any raw/cooked meats.
Shifts: 5 out of 7 days per week (Please note, the role will generally be Monday-Friday only, however there will be times where you are required to work a weekend, and will have two days off in the week instead)
Hours: 7am - 4pm, days only.
Location: Local to Dereham
Duties of the Production Supervisor:
• Supervising a team of approx. 20 staff with the day to day responsibilities of running a busy chilled pack room
• Ensuring customers' orders and holding stock are produced on time, safely and to the correct standard
• Monitor and manage the daily performance of the pack room to ensure all efficiencies are being achieved.
• Responsible for working practice of pack room
• Responsible for overall stock counts on goods out of pack room
• Overseeing and reporting any shortages
• Drive production to fulfil orders and stock up in the most cost-effective way whilst meeting specifications and maintaining H&S requirements on a daily basis.
• Manage staff on a daily basis. Keeping track record of their targets and being proactive with feedback.
• Motivating staff and helping implement new ideas and working practices.
• Organising clearing rotas and keeping on top of paperwork.
• Liaise with other departments.
• Working with the production planning team to ensure orders are achieved in a timely manner.
• Motivating the team.
• Experience within a manufacturing environment, ideally food manufacturing
• Experience of supervising others, ideally 10+ per shift
• Ability to motivate a team and push for perfection in terms of timings and quality control
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail as far as standards, quality and procedures are concerned.
• Experience in a high volume, fast moving environment supplying customers on short lead time.
• A basic understanding/knowledge of industry standards and accreditations such as BRC etc.
In return for your hard work:
• You will be part of a successful and growing local business, with room for progression in the future
• You will earn a very competitive salary of £18-25,000 depending on experience
• You will work a days only role, 7am-4pm, predominantly Monday-Friday
• You will work in a clean and desirable environment (no meat on site!)
If you have the experience required for the Production Supervisor position, please apply now. For further questions, please contact Samantha Greaves of Quattro Recruitment, Norwich. Please note the position is based local to Dereham.
Due to the high volume of applications for each of our roles, if you do not receive a response within 14 days then please consider your application as unsuccessful, however we may keep your details on file and contact you with regard to any other suitable roles.
This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Quattro Group of Companies (Quattro Recruitment Ltd or Quattro Healthcare Ltd) who operate as an Employment Business. Quattro Group of companies is an Equal Opportunities Employer.