Looking for your next step in the manufacturing world?
Want to work for a large well established business?
shifts 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm
40 hours per week
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the production department shift through allocation of work and effective machine and personnel utilisation
- Progress chasing Orders against, Planning/Delivery schedule & problem solving.
- Stock replenishment, raising parts requisitions
- Employee reviews, development (PDR), discipline and engagement through actively promoting team work and motivation between employees
- Maintain excellent communications between departments, employees and senior management.
- Support and development of your own and your team’s skills on machines, products/equipment to develop a multi-skilled workforce.
- Reducing scrap and rework by correct application of procedures.
- Preventing poor quality from being supplied to both internal and external customers.
- Monitoring of product quality via quality control check sheets, visual checking and dimensional checks, recording timber issues and detailing decisions made throughout the shift for analysis.
- Working with the Health & Safety Office to ensure all requirements under current H&S legislation are being complied with.
- Ensuring safe working practices, including use of appropriate PPE
- Constantly seek to implement and improve a safe working environment.
- Be pro-active in seeking to improve current processes and procedures
- Work in other areas of the business as and when required
Salary: £23000 to £27000 /year
- Manager / Supervisory: 3 years
- Manufacturing: 3 years
If you feel this suits your skill set, experience and you would be interested in applying please send your CV to or call
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job