Looking for your next step in the manufacturing world?
Want to work for a large well established business?
shifts 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm
40 hours per week
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of the production department shift through allocation of work and effective machine and personnel utilisation
- Progress chasing Orders against, Planning/Delivery schedule & problem solving.
- Stock replenishment, raising parts requisitions
- Employee reviews, development (PDR), discipline and engagement through actively promoting team work and motivation between employees
- Maintain excellent communications between departments, employees and senior management.
- Support and development of your own and your team’s skills on machines, products/equipment to develop a multi-skilled workforce.
- Reducing scrap and rework by correct application of procedures.
- Preventing poor quality from being supplied to both internal and external customers.
- Monitoring of product quality via quality control check sheets, visual checking and dimensional checks, recording timber issues and detailing decisions made throughout the shift for analysis.
- Working with the Health & Safety Office to ensure all requirements under current H&S legislation are being complied with.
- Ensuring safe working practices, including use of appropriate PPE
- Constantly seek to implement and improve a safe working environment.
- Be pro-active in seeking to improve current processes and procedures
- Work in other areas of the business as and when required
Salary: £23000 to £27000 /year
- Manager / Supervisory: 3 years
- Manufacturing: 3 years
If you feel this suits your skill set, experience and you would be interested in applying please send your CV to or call