PURPOSE OF JOB: Overall responsibility for the pre-assembly and assembly production lines and staff therein. To offer guidance, advice, and leadership to the build teams for the successful production of machines.
- · To supervise the assembly areas on a daily basis.
- · To motivate and develop team members to meet production targets.
- · To plan and allocate staff to meet build requirements thus ensuring effective use of manpower.
- · To oversee Production Operatives on the job training.
- · To intervene when necessary to resolve any staff issues.
- · To regularly liaise with the Operations Manager, and all relevant functional departments regarding product shortfalls and build concerns.
- · To monitor Production Process Areas throughout the day to ensure Product Quality and output.
- · To check daily plant and equipment regarding safety, functionality and maintenance.
- · To order small tooling and equipment when required through the Operations Manager.
- · To implement, execute and sustain any existing or new company policies.
- · To retain a hands on approach in the event of staff shortages.
- · To understudy for the Operations Manager in his/her absence.
- · To induct new employees and temporary labour.
- · To implement Training Plans for all Production employees.
- · To ensure all Training Records are accurate and in date.
- · To regularly evaluate and review the departments Risk Assessments to ensure accuracy.
- · To oversee the introduction of any new product range.
- · To ensure Health and Safety procedures are understood and in place.
- · To ensure PPE is fit for purpose and being used correctly.
- · To ensure Standard Operating Procedures are reviewed and that these are being followed.
- · To ensure all Production Areas are kept clean and tidy in line with the 5S Principles.
- · To ensure waste materials are disposed of in the correct manner.