My client is one of the most successful business in the Wisbech area. Since their inception they have continued to deliver manufacturing excellence and have a customer base that is the envy of their competition. Following an internal promotion, they now seek an experienced Production Supervisor to oversee and run one of their busiest production areas. The role will report to and work closely with the Production Manager and is considered a pivotal role within the production team and wider business.
The Production Supervisor will oversee a team of 25 staff, developing and coaching them in best practice and high levels of quality. This will be a varied and challenging role that offers an opportunity to work with an ever evolving and forward thinking local business.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring all products are manufactured correctly, cost effectively and delivered on time in accordance to customer specification and quality requirements.
- Responsibilities include the manufacturing of quality products, safety, employee development and retention, profitability and capital planning
- Communicating with all the relevant people/departments and co-ordinating all relevant inputs (people, plant and processes) to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved
- Planning, scheduling and reviewing workload to ensure production output and on time delivery targets are achieved cost effectively
- Ensuring that the department has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant and tooling required in order to achieve production targets
- As part of the management team be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company s strategic and operational targets and overall business aims