HRC Recruitment has been appointed by our client to recruit an experienced Production Supervisor to work within their chemical manufacturing environment to drive continuous improvement.
Position: Production Supervisor
Location: South Lanarkshire
The successful candidate will oversee all manufacturing area operations to ensure quality, efficiency, cost effectiveness and the best use of resources to meet all production requirements. The Production Supervisor will work in accordance with company Safety, Health and Environmental policies, follow Safe Working Procedures and lead by example.
- Supervises the shift team to ensure a safe working environment by complying with all Company Safety, Health & Environmental standards
- Monitors and oversees the control of manufacturing units to achieve production plan, address process variation and unit operating issues, address maintenance issues and manage off-quality process while adhering to work practices and standard operating procedures.
- Able to confidently co-ordinate plant breakdown activities and communicate within the maintenance and production teams to optimise manufacturing unit performance.
- Supports daily communication meetings providing operating unit status and participates in ad-hoc teams to address plant issues.
- Ensures completion of all required inspections, reports, process records, shift employee records and operator routines.
- Organizes daily shift tasks, activities and resources to accomplish plant-wide objectives and goals.
- Trains and coaches’ employees to promote accountability and task performance to expected plant standards.
- Able to work under own initiative on a 12-hour shift pattern working a two on two off basis
- All other duties that may be reasonably required within the remit of the role.
- Experience of chemical / heavy industry manufacturing process or similar.
- Thorough working knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, Emergency Response & Permit to Work systems.
- Understanding of Product Uniformity/ Variation and Manufacturing Process Control.
- Experience with hazard analysis and the ability to write own risk assessments.
- Experience with accident & incident investigation
- Environmental Awareness
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrable experience of Lean or culture change programmes
- HNC in manufacturing or engineering
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Natalie McGeoch at HRC Recruitment - or apply online.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job