Production Supervisor - PM/Twilight Fixed-Shift
£24,000 - £26,000 (max £12.42 per hour, plus 5 hours of overtime per week available/optional)
3PM - 11PM, Monday to Friday (40 hour week)
Are you a Production Supervisor or Team Leader who has experience of high-volume production and enjoys leading and motivating a team to maximise output, whilst ensuring processes are streamlined and adhered to and Health and Safety guidelines are followed diligently and held as being of utmost importance?
Would you welcome the opportunity to join a well-established and highly successful company who have grown significantly and are now part of a Global Group that employs over 9000 people worldwide and can offer great opportunities for career development?
If so, the role of Production Supervisor could be exactly the role you seek.
Working on a fixed-shift of 3PM - 11PM, you will take responsibility for a team of 21 people, spread across three production areas. Production is semi-automated and includes cutting, coating and moulding, so experience of these processes would be highly advantageous. Experience of setting manual machinery is also beneficial.
You will ensure the production schedule is maintained to meet customer demand and take responsibility for processes which include health & safety, quality performance and production efficiency targets. It is therefore desirable that applicants have experience of production scheduling and have completed a recognised health & safety training course or certification.
As a hands-on Manager, you will both supervise and assist team leaders and operatives to ensure work is of the highest standard and inspected thoroughly. Your communication and relationship building skills will be key to this aspect of the position and we seek a candidate who has good levels of experience within a management position and who understands how to adapt their style to get the best out of each individual.
As a pro-active leader, you will continually seek ways to improve and streamline processes, ensuring efficiency, but never compromising quality. You will keep accurate records and ideally have a good level of computer literacy.
You will work closely with the Production Manager to ensure company targets and objectives are met and any concerns are escalated appropriately.
Summary of skills & experience sought:
- Experience of people management, within a production environment, that ideally includes cutting, moulding and coating/painting processes
- Experience of setting basic machinery an advantage
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build working relationships at all levels
- A high regard for Health & Safety and ideally a certification that supports your knowledge
- High levels of accuracy and diligence, with a focus on quality
- Benefits include 22 days Annual leave (soon to rise to 24), plus bank holidays
- On-site parking is available
- Location is accessible via public transport and a 15 minute walk